Gigs

pilsner_ffc

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Paramore were excellent tonight, but they played too much new stuff.

Hayley Williams is a goddess.

Thought they were very good, but the encore was bizarre when Zac Farro came forward to sing one of his own songs, which nobody had ever heard.

If you HAVE to do that do it earlier in the set, fell totally flat.

12 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Thought they were very good, but the encore was bizarre when Zac Farro came forward to sing one of his own songs, which nobody had ever heard.

If you HAVE to do that do it earlier in the set, fell totally flat.

Aye, what an excellent way to kill the mood. That should've been something like Brick By Boring Brick or similar, not his shitty bands stuff. Also finishing with Rose Coloured Boy was poor.

Paramore were excellent tonight, but they played too much new stuff.
Hayley Williams is a goddess.

The massive spiel before Misery Business was a right pain in the arse.

Encore was just genuinely bizarre and just left me slightly confused and a feeling of 'is that it?'

Overall I had a brilliant time and they still put on a great show but could have been better.

2 hours ago, kev23 said:

The massive spiel before Misery Business was a right pain in the arse.

Encore was just genuinely bizarre and just left me slightly confused and a feeling of 'is that it?'

Overall I had a brilliant time and they still put on a great show but could have been better.

I didn't mind the spiel, Hayley can talk for as long as she wants in my opinion.

Agree with the rest though. I saw them back in 2009 or 2010 when they were touring Brand New Eyes, which should've been excellent, but they were gash. I think that was when they were all falling out and to add to that it was in the SECC. So I was very pleased they were so good last night.

Was at Steel Panther last night in the O2 Academy...ears are still ringing like big ben...fantastic show...flawless musicianship and hilarious banter plus plenty of flashers in the audience. As for the support acts, wayward sons were pretty bland but Inglorious were fantastic, will definitely be keeping an eye out for them returning to Scotland.

Wasn't impressed with Paramore. 3/4 of their setlist was new songs which was fine - but I'm not a fan of Duran Duran so didn't enjoy that. The encore was absolutely awful too.

Thought it was interesting that the whole.speech about how out of touch she is with the old material came before easily the most energetic song of the night. Paramore should have stayed dead all those years ago and made way for The Hayley Williams Experience.

Looks like my feelings of Paramore are the same as others on here. I remember seeing them in King Tuts back in 2006 or 2007 with a few hundred other people so it's quite incredible to see them playing in front of thousands and thousands of fans but they no longer make music that is appealing to me. It was a good performance but the setlist was far too heavy on songs from After Laughter and the encore was just bizarre. I got bored and left before the end. I think that's probably the last time I'll see them TBH. Highlights were Misery Business and That's What You Get.

Not been to a gig in what feels like ages, but back at it in a big way this week.

Was at The Ninth Wave last night at Tuts who were excellent (as were the support Das Plastixx, but I manage them, so I have to say that), then have the John Martyn tribute on Tuesday, The Deslondes on Wednesday, Lylo's album launch on Friday and The Americans on Sunday.

Edited by GrahamJags

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:53, WeAreElgin said:

Wasn't impressed with Paramore. 3/4 of their setlist was new songs which was fine - but I'm not a fan of Duran Duran so didn't enjoy that. The encore was absolutely awful too.

Thought it was interesting that the whole.speech about how out of touch she is with the old material came before easily the most energetic song of the night. Paramore should have stayed dead all those years ago and made way for The Hayley Williams Experience.

After your gloating about the amount of presale tickets you bought, this post makes me very happy.

Although the encore sounds hilarious.

After your gloating about the amount of presale tickets you bought, this post makes me very happy.
Although the encore sounds hilarious.

Aye, probably deserves that one!

Seriously, they were off stage for 30 seconds, played a song I'd never heard, "covered" their drummer's equally awful sounding side project, and then played another song from their new album.

Set list was a disaster in general, their first three songs were probably the most well known too.

Aye, probably deserves that one!

Seriously, they were off stage for 30 seconds, played a song I'd never heard, "covered" their drummer's equally awful sounding side project, and then played another song from their new album.

Set list was a disaster in general, their first three songs were probably the most well known too.

You’d never heard Grow Up before?
Their first three songs were Hard Times, Ignorance and Still Into You, they went on to play That’s What You Get 6th and Misery Business 14th, which are two better known songs than at least 2 of the first 3.