Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Had a wild November of gigs culminating in Gorillaz last night. 

The War on Drugs @  Barrowlands- Outstanding. The new album is magic, and Kurt Vile's guitar sounds phenomenal live.

Run The Jewels @ The Academy - Mayhem. The energy they bring is honestly unparalleled. Third time I've seen them this year and that probably topped their Primavera Sound set. 

Mac Demarco @ Barrowlands - Had this conversation with my mate after it. It's really difficult to describe his show. For example at Primavera Sound his drummer played the whole set in the scud, then Mac got in the scud as well at the end and started shaving with a lighter. In this one he tanned 2 bottles of Buckfast and spent about 20 minutes playing The Proclaimers, The La's, Red Hot Chilli Peppers... It's a wild show, it's just quite hard to explain. 

Gorillaz @ The Hydro - As above, apart from the absolutely brutal Sex Murder Party it was absolutely phenomenal. Also you know you're in for a decent show when they can whip De La Soul out for a number. 

56 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The War on Drugs @  Barrowlands- Outstanding. The new album is magic, and Kurt Vile's guitar sounds phenomenal live.

Not to be a dick, but Kurt Vile doesn't play with The War On Drugs. If you're referring to the singer, it's Adam Granduciel.

DMA's last night in Motherwell - superb.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've gone full "yer da", but what the f**k is point in folk talking all the way through a gig, and constantly going back forth to the bar? Once or twice I can understand but doing a fucking circuit of the venue marks you as a twat in my book.

Alex Cameron at Mono tomorrow. His latest record is excellent, really looking forward to it.

Got tickets for Gary Numan this morning, and will most likely buy tickets for The Yawpers today as well. Fantastic band, very glad they're finally coming over here.