Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Going to grab Run the Jewels tickets soon, and probably Gorillaz too. Got a ticket for Brand New but in two mind's about going - have never really been that into them and I've not listened for years , but if it's my last chance to see them then I probably should.

18 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I have never been as annoyed at anything in my life as I was when I saw Fatherson live.

5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Fatherson are shit live

Shame as they're great to listen to recorded IMO

Aye I've seen them before and they've been dreadful. Their set at Stag & Dagger this year was the worst set I've seen from anyone in a long time. I'm only going because 1) free ticket and 2) curiosity to see the first record played from front to back.

On 06/10/2017 at 14:40, the aggressive beggar said:

That blew me away last night, Absolutely magical.  I'm amazed he didn't play anything off the new album but what a set list that was,  Newby Street, Black & White, Streets of Kenny and Meant to Be were highlights for me and it was great to hear Sgt Major and that stunning version of Stranger.  Big man's bang on form.

Lets hope he's back up soon to tour the album.

Eta- The support was brilliant as well.  Roy was totally gripping and what a sound from Nick Ellis .  Had a chat with both of them, top guys.

Is right. 

Superb gig,  Mick looking and sounding great. 

Led to believe an issue with royalties was behind none of the new material being played but in truth I loved the Waterpistol vibe. 

Edited by swiftyswifty swifty

12 hours ago, swiftyswifty swifty said:

Is right. 

Superb gig,  Mick looking and sounding great. 

Led to believe an issue with royalties was behind none of the new material being played but in truth I loved the Waterpistol vibe. 

I think that comment from HJ about the royalties was tongue in cheek mate (I'm assuming you also go by the name Swifty's Cakes?? ). 

I never got a chance to see Shack live, so last week was probably the closest I'll get and it was incredible.  Hopefully get an Adios Senor Pussycat gig early next year up here.

Planning a trip to Liverpool next summer to see him.  Been dying to visit he city so that's the perfect excuse. 

6 hours ago, the aggressive beggar said:

I think that comment from HJ about the royalties was tongue in cheek mate (I'm assuming you also go by the name Swifty's Cakes?? ). 

I never got a chance to see Shack live, so last week was probably the closest I'll get and it was incredible.  Hopefully get an Adios Senor Pussycat gig early next year up here.

Planning a trip to Liverpool next summer to see him.  Been dying to visit he city so that's the perfect excuse. 

You've clocked me - I am Swifty's Cakes on Shacknet.  I was obviously taking HJ too literally!

Couldn't recommend going to see Mick in Liverpool enough. I've seen Shack a couple of times down there and it was a religious experience. 

Australian Pink Floyd were excellent last night. The sound was very good considering it was the Hydro as well.

Got Billie Marten tonight, Fake Laugh tomorrow then either Gang Of Youths or Fling on Tuesday.

All that is almost irrelevant for how excited I am for Phoebe Bridgers on Thursday. The record is phenomenal, so properly buzzing to see a headline show from her.

Isn’t the sound in the Hydro pretty much always good? Still not been yet but only ever heard good things about the sound in there.

Arenas always sound quite shite, and the Hydro can be quite hit and miss in that respect. It was hit last night though.