Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I'm doing the promotion at the gig, so it's not through chpice really :lol: . I saw them support The Paddingtons last year, so I can't really remember that much about them to comment, which could suggest they weren't that hot.

:huh:

Wouldn't say they sounded anything like the libs... not from what I've heard anyway.... Much prefer White Rose Movement to the fratellis anyway... go see them at the festivals most likely :)

Tonight: The Needles @ Snafu, Aberdeen

Fantastic. The supports were a bit dodgy though.

The first band sounded like the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, and looked like armed robbers :blink :ph34r: The second were The Vandelays who sound like Weezer without the hooks.

The Needles though, immense! :D

:huh:

Wouldn't say they sounded anything like the libs... not from what I've heard anyway.... Much prefer White Rose Movement to the fratellis anyway... go see them at the festivals most likely :)

The Fratellis? I've looked up my gig review ( :lol::rolleyes: ) from OTB to see what I thought at the time.

They sound a bit like The Beatles/The Clash/Oasis/The Libertines/Arctic Monkeys/Banana Splits. Now any band that sounds remotely like the Arctic Monkeys right now is going to be picked up by a label, hence The Fratellis. It was all a wee bit samey. Some Stand out songs 'If you're lonely' (?), 'Got ma nuts from a hippy' and one that ripped off. 'I fought the law'. I left during the encore which they didn't plan for. basically because the first song sounded like at least 2 or 3 they'd already played.

Not a bad band but nothing special.

Going by my first sentence they should've been ace! :lol:

The Fratelli's debut single sounds so much like the Libertines circa Up The Bracket it's funny. Bands with so little imagination should be shot.

I think the Fratelli's are pretty good actually. Go my nuts from a hippy' s a great tune.

Next gig I am going to is The Twilight Singers at tuts. Should be a good one.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to see the mighty Mogwai at the Glasgow Barrowlands on September 23 :D

Rejoice :D

I'm going to see Jay-Z the night before this at the SECC :D

Also will be attending The Roots at the Academy in December, and might go see Steinski in Glasgow next weekend.

No gigs for ages and then 4 come along at once :D

The Fratellis? I've looked up my gig review ( :lol::rolleyes: ) from OTB to see what I thought at the time.

Going by my first sentence they should've been ace! :lol:

The song with "If You're Lonely" in it's called Whistle For The Choir. It's a good song. They were actually quite good at the ABC the other week, better than I remembered them from when I last saw them certainly. Don't really think they sound much like The Libertines though.

Edited by Hughsie

Me too. Can't wait. This will be the first time I have seen them live.

They're amazing, I actually think their records have lost impact after hearing them live. At the Barras to, it should be great :D

They're amazing, I actually think their records have lost impact after hearing them live. At the Barras to, it should be great :D

Excellent. I've been a fan of them for ages but I always seemed to miss them. Not this time though!

Current giglist:

24th: The Garcias @ The Moorings, Aberdeen

July 1st: Marlow @ Café Drummonds, Aberdeen

9th: TITP, Balado Airfield, Kinross

July 15th: The Ronelles @ Café Drummonds, Aberdeen

Marlow should be fun, I think I've been dragged into playing football in Lossiemouth that day :lol:

I am going to see the mighty Mogwai at the Glasgow Barrowlands on September 23 :D

Rejoice :D

I'm going to see the mightY Mogwai at the Royal Albert Hall on Sep 22. GIRUY!! :D

Before that I've:

TITP :D

V fest :D

Radiohead at Meadowbank :D

Reading (guest passes, VIP camping etc) :D:D:D