Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Heading to Budapest tomorrow to see The Cure and The Twilight Sad. Pretty much my dream gig so I cannot wait. Get back on Saturday then go straight back out to see Ezra Furman at the Liquid Rooms as well. 

Edited by GrahamJags

Celtic Connections make a complete c**t of the bookings again with some majorly annoying clashes.

Calexico and Hurray For The Riff Raff on the same night. What makes it worse is that they've linked both artists on the "if you like them, you'll love these" bit of their site despite the 2 shows being on at exactly the same time.

The White Buffalo and Margo Price clash too.

3 weeks to book acts and every year they ensure at least a couple of clashes with 2 shows that would attract largely similar crowds on the same night.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Celtic Connections make a complete c**t of the bookings again with some majorly annoying clashes.

Calexico and Hurray For The Riff Raff on the same night. What makes it worse is that they've linked both artists on the "if you like them, you'll love these" bit of their site despite the 2 shows being on at exactly the same time.

3 weeks to book acts and every year they ensure at least a couple of clashes with 2 shows that would attract largely similar crowds on the same night.

Get them on Celtic Connections +1

Bought my Celtic Connections tickets today:

Felice Brothers

Sarah Jarosz

Margo Price

James McMurty

Shovels and Rope

Hurray for the Riff Raff and John Paul White (ex Civil Wars) aren't on sale yet. Overall the line-up is a little underwhelming. No headline grabbing names such as Steve Earle or Emmylou Harris. Some very good gigs but just nothing that I'd consider headlining. I'd have loved to have seen Calexico again but they clash with HFTRR and since I've seen Calexico several times, it's Alynda Lee Seguera who will be getting my money once her tickets go on sale. Pain in the arse - I'd have gone to see The White Buffalo as well but it clashes with Margo Price and I have to see Margo Price.

Not the best CC line up. Good, and some gigs I'm really looking forward to, but no headliners.

On 27/10/2016 at 10:37, BallochSonsFan said:

The lineup this year is piss poor. Agree with your point about the clashes as well. I see one of the bookers has blamed Brexit for the lack of American artists in this year's lineup, saying that the price of flights from Nashville has doubled and therefore they can't afford to bring as many over. Still doesn't explain the ridiculous clashes though.

I have got a ticket for Margo Price, and the Aidan Moffat gig. Will probably get a ticket for the Roaming Roots as well since I've missed the last two years. Missing Sarah Jarosz and Blue Rose Code as I initially didn't notice it on the lineup and turns out it's on the same night as Aidan Moffat. If I had realised, I probably would've picked Jarosz, but that's my own fault. Deliberating whether to go and see John Paul White or go to the Thistle game on the same night. Don't know why I'm finding that as difficult a choice as I am though...

The Cure and The Twilight Sad were unbelievable in Budapest the other night. Can't wait to see it all again in London in December.

Got Telegram at the Hug & Pint tonight, Simone Felice at the same venue on Wednesday then seeing John Grant in Berlin at Berghain on Thursday.

The Cure and The Twilight Sad were unbelievable in Budapest the other night. Can't wait to see it all again in London in December.

I'd settle for seeing them both just once.

Anyhoo back to reality and its only 8 days until Trashcan Sinatras at Oran Mor. The only gig this year that I'm looking forward to more than Frightened Rabbit. Incidentally both bands playing a set for BBC Radio Scotland next week, application for tickets is in so fingers crossed.

have level 2 seating tickets at The Hydro for the courteeners gig this month, is it easy to sneak into standing as thats where a few of my pals are and they reckon its do able?

Nope.

Also in seating, was in seating for NGHFB and it was actually still really good. Abdy just stood anyway, was like being at a football game. I can never be arsed with the standing area tbh. Chaos.

At Ezra Furman in The Liquid Rooms on Saturday - my my he gave 110%!

Scottish Opera - Marriage of Figaro this Saturday then..

Christine and the Queens,  Teenage Fanclub, Primal Scream, Alabama 3 and Frightened Rabbit to see before New Year

Then  C Duncan, Sophie EB and then Depeche Mode later next year..