Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 15/10/2016 at 23:33, 8MileBU said:

Chas & Dave next weekend. Have a feeling the hangover the day after is going to be awful though.

I'm going to see them as well. In fact I might have a spare ticket so if you have any friends.....

Heaven 17 with my old man tomorrow. Know next to nothing about them, except that Temptation is a tune, and I listened to Penthouse & Pavement (the album they're touring) and think its great. Billie Marten on Monday at Cottiers as well which should be lovely.

10 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Heaven 17 with my old man tomorrow. Know next to nothing about them, except that Temptation is a tune, and I listened to Penthouse & Pavement (the album they're touring) and think its great. Billie Marten on Monday at Cottiers as well which should be lovely.

Saw them at both Rewind and Party at the Palace this summer, and they were shit at both.

Hopefully better for you tomorrow mate.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Saw them at both Rewind and Party at the Palace this summer, and they were shit at both.

Hopefully better for you tomorrow mate.

I'm only going for my Dad really so if it's shite I won't be too bothered, but that is rather ominous...

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Chas & Dave was a good laugh last night. Bit of a sair heid this morning though.

I'm now almost convinced that Glasgow's music venues are just sticking badges on the beer taps and it's not actually what's in the barrel.
Beer at gigs these days is absolutely fucking rancid!

Amen to that brother. it's no wonder folk get pre'd before going out these days. 

Chas n Dave eh, you're some boy Miley. 

Grimbo 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Was a good gig, good laugh and good night out which ended in an almighty vomit on the street outside my mates house.

Chas n Dave were good. 

They always seem to draw a very mixed crowd, there was a wee woman dancing with a guy with a green Mohican next to me.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 13:30, 8MileBU said:

Not a good introduction to heavy metal gigs IMO...

Hope you enjoy it though emoji106.png

I saw Lordi once at the o2 Academy round about the time hard rock hallelujah was about. It was a brilliant night tbf.

4 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

That would be Bombskare.

I thought it was bombskare but it didn't say that on the sign outside.

I should have worked it out though as I spent a night drinking with them in Kilmarnock.

Rock & roll!!

14 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Seen them a few times. They won Britain's Best Part Time Band. Worth a watch and should be on
Iplayer.

If you count the 2 songs I caught on Saturday, I've seen them three times now.

if I knew it was going to be them I'd have left the pub earlier, great band.

looks like the program is no longer available.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

How was it?

Heaven 17 were great. Sounded really tight. British Electric Foundation were pretty woeful though, aside from a pretty emotional cover of Party Fears Two sung by Glenn Gregory. Glenn Matlock came on and played a horrendous version of Pretty Vacant and then, bizarrely, Happy by Pharrell Williams which might have been the worst thing I've ever heard. Would've much preferred H17 to have stayed and done a greatest hits after Penthouse & Pavement.

21 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Heaven 17 were great. Sounded really tight. British Electric Foundation were pretty woeful though, aside from a pretty emotional cover of Party Fears Two sung by Glenn Gregory. Glenn Matlock came on and played a horrendous version of Pretty Vacant and then, bizarrely, Happy by Pharrell Williams which might have been the worst thing I've ever heard. Would've much preferred H17 to have stayed and done a greatest hits after Penthouse & Pavement.

With British Electric Foundation it just depends which "guest" artists they have playing, as that defines what they play and how good they seem.