Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Going to see Feeder tomorrow and then Jamie T, Bastille and Biffy all in Newcastle over the next few months. On the fence over whether to go for Jake Bugg and Courteeners tickets as well but I've got a feeling that's just being greedy. 

18 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Acid Mothers Temple at Buskers in Dundee tonight. It's actually an all day event with several bands playing from 2 pm onwards but I can't be arsed standing there all day so I'll head down at around 7 pm.

They fucking rocked. It was a really good gig. Support act The Domiciles were also pretty good.

All Saints at the Academy tonight. If they manage to do something with the abysmal sound in there then it should be great. They've got so many fantastic songs, and the new album isn't too bad either.

After that I've got The Stray Birds on Sunday afternoon for the Americana festival followed by Tail Feather on Sunday night and James Vincent McMorrow on Monday.

Went to see Michael Kiwanuka last night at the Art School as my maw needed company and offered a free ticket. The guys songs are pretty good and he's a talented singer but the gig was let down by widdly jams and live didn't offer anything much different than on record. A 6/10 experience all in.

Went to see Lloyd Cole (commotionless) last night at the Queens Hall. I was (happily) surprised, he played it solo 1st set & then accompanied by his son in the 2nd 1/2.

playing his old records, I recognized a few of them but enjoyed them all.

he was quite amusing too although the audience would have laughed had he said he got a blowjob off hitler or some such. 

I've got tix for Lucky Chops next month but I blame Throbber for that. 

Grimbo