Gigs

pilsner_ffc

25 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

stranglers playing ullapool music festival,loopallu,next weekend.other headliners are feeder,the selecter and the wonderstuff.

it's a brilliant weekend.

http://www.loopallu.co.uk/line-up.aspx

Completely mad that, only announcing their headliners 2 weeks before the actual festival.  Bonkers.  No wonder ticket sales are, reportedly, slow.

On 9/17/2016 at 00:00, Mr Sugden said:

Skids tickets bought for Edinburgh next May.  40th anniversary tour - Christ I feel old!

Contemplated going to the Glen Pavillion as well but not at £35 each gig.

I'm doing Glen Pavilion one.

5 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Stranglers playing O2 Academy next March.

And this one, tickets on sale tomorrow.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Good weekend of gigs coming up. Got the Nirvana/Elvis tribute Elvana tomorrow night, which should be hilarious, then Psych Sunday at Broadcast to see Methyl Ethel and Lorelle Meets The Obsolete and then Honeyblood at The Hug & Pint on Monday night which should be great since the new stuff they've released so far is really good.

Forgetting the fact he's (Bon Iver) doing TWO gigs in Edinburgh <_< , I still considered it but if he's just going to mostly play his new record then I can't be arsed. The best I can say about it is it isn't very accessible, there's some stuff that's just really unpleasant to the human ear, guys been spending way too much time with the arsehole aka Kanye West.

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Another outrageously good show from McFly tonight. They're always a total joy to watch.

They were excellent in Glasgow last Friday. First time I'd seen them, would definitely go and see them again. They opened up with 5 colours then obviously, still cracking tunes 13 years (or however long it is) on.

29 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Forgetting the fact he's (Bon Iver) doing TWO gigs in Edinburgh <_< , I still considered it but if he's just going to mostly play his new record then I can't be arsed. The best I can say about it is it isn't very accessible, there's some stuff that's just really unpleasant to the human ear, guys been spending way too much time with the arsehole aka Kanye West.

I haven't listened to a great deal of his stuff, but my missus is a fan. Mostly bought the tickets to shut her up when I next drag her to see someone who should probably have disappeared after 1997.

Edited by Ross.

Just now, Ross. said:

I haven't listened to a great deal of his stuff, but my missus is a fa. Mostly bought the tickets to shut her up when I next drag her to see someone who should probably have disappeared after 1997.

His first two records are great, I've listened to them a lot and still do.

His new album will be a perfect example of the emperors new clothes though, there'll be folk raving about it before eventually realising that it's a bit shite and they never go back to listen to it again, far too experimental to have any longevity.

2 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

His first two records are great, I've listened to them a lot and still do.

His new album will be a perfect example of the emperors new clothes though, there'll be folk raving about it before eventually realising that it's a bit shite and they never go back to listen to it again, far too experimental to have any longevity.

At the risk of sounding arsey, I genuinely love the new record. Agree that one or two tracks are "experimental" to the point of being unlistenable, but on the whole I really like it. Suppose time will tell as to whether I'll still love it in 5/10 years time though.

At the risk of sounding arsey, I genuinely love the new record. Agree that one or two tracks are "experimental" to the point of being unlistenable, but on the whole I really like it. Suppose time will tell as to whether I'll still love it in 5/10 years time though.

Each to their own, I could be wrong but I just don't see this album lasting. I suppose it's a natural progression from dial up modems and C64/Speccy loading noise. [emoji2]

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They were excellent in Glasgow last Friday. First time I'd seen them, would definitely go and see them again. They opened up with 5 colours then obviously, still cracking tunes 13 years (or however long it is) on.

They're much better when you strip away all of the lights, screens and gimmicks. This is the third time I've seen them on a smaller tour and they're definitely more made for those stages than the big ones.