TV Characters

port-ton

1. Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)

2. Ari Gold (Entourage)

3. Adrian Monk (Monk)

4. Dean Winchester (Supernatural)

5. J.D (Scrubs)

I've gone for people from my favourite shows of the last 5 or so years of my life, rather than more classic choices. My number 1 and 2 are very very close and interchange all the time, but Barney's quotability just edges him in front. Monk is a genius creation played perfectly by Tony Shaloub, shown by the fact the show has finally finished after 8 seasons, which is a long time in the cut throat world of American TV networks.

Supernatural is an amazing show, built on the chemistry of two brothers and both are great but Dean steals the show in my opinion and is the main reason for it being one of my favourite shows. Finally J.D is played excellently by Zach Braff and there isn't many people who could turn from belly achingly funny to heart breakingly sad in an instance better than he does. There aren't many shows that can compete with Scrubs in terms of mixing laughs with tears, and i really enjoyed watching the character of J.D evolve over 9 and a half seasons.

I realise the more older posters won't have a clue who most if not all of the people on my list are, but don't worry as there is hopefully a repeat of last of the summer wine on TV Gold tomorrow.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Will McKenzie- The Inbetweeners

2) Sheldon Cooper- The Big Bang Theory

3) Basil Fawlty- Fawlty Towers

4) Trigger- Only Fools and Horses

5) Uncle Bryn- Gavin and Stacey

- Alan Partridge (The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge, Knowing Me Knowing You)

- Malcolm Tucker (The Thick of It)

- Dr Bob Kelso (Scrubs)

- Sir Harry Pearce (Spooks)

- Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)

Monk was a great shout by the OP, if I had seen more than two episodes he would probably be in my list.

Here we go:

DCI Gene Hunt (Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes)

Roger the alien (American Dad)

Jack Bauer (24)

Alan Partridge (I'm Alan Partridge)

Sylar (Heroes)

following on from my last character, I must give a special mention to Hayden Panitierre, who plays Claire in Heroes for being arguably the finest looking actress to wear a cheerleader costume

- Alan Partridge (The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge, Knowing Me Knowing You)

- Malcolm Tucker (The Thick of It)

- Dr Bob Kelso (Scrubs)

- Sir Harry Pearce (Spooks)

- Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)

Monk was a great shout by the OP, if I had seen more than two episodes he would probably be in my list.

I finally just watched the final season of Monk this week and the last few episodes had me laughing out loud, feeling happier than i've ever been watching a tv show to the point i couldnt stop smiling, sadder than ive ever been watching a tv show to the point i had tears in my eyes and that was just all due to how he had played the character for 8 seasons so when everything gets closer to its conclusion you really believe in it and feel for him, and are happy when he gets what he wants and sad when he doesn't.

It's a genius character, masterfully played.

Archived