Procycling thread

myshkin

Good win for Ciolek in Milan-San Remo. Sagan & Cancellara gave him an armchair ride to the finish.

Not bad considering he's riding for a new South African Pro-Continental team.

Decent effort by Sky's Stannard, though I think his inexperience showed in the last 10K having been caught alongside Chavannel.

Never mind, we'll see how Wiggo's shaping up for the Giro in the Catalan tour this week.

Good win for Ciolek in Milan-San Remo. Sagan & Cancellara gave him an armchair ride to the finish.

Not bad considering he's riding for a new South African Pro-Continental team.

Decent effort by Sky's Stannard, though I think his inexperience showed in the last 10K having been caught alongside Chavannel.

Never mind, we'll see how Wiggo's shaping up for the Giro in the Catalan tour this week.

Milan - San Remo looked absolutely miserable. David Millar posted a couple of photos on twitter of him and his team on the bus transfer. They all had ice stuck to their glasses & helmets.

Great ride from Ciolek, more or less ghosted along at the back of that group using other folk. Think Sagan showed his inexperience on the sprint by effectively leading Ciolek out.

Milan - San Remo looked absolutely miserable. David Millar posted a couple of photos on twitter of him and his team on the bus transfer. They all had ice stuck to their glasses & helmets. Great ride from Ciolek, more or less ghosted along at the back of that group using other folk. Think Sagan showed his inexperience on the sprint by effectively leading Ciolek out.

Sagan was probably thinking that he managed to hold off Cav in T-A in a straight sprint & would do the same to Ciolek.

Milan - San Remo looked absolutely miserable. David Millar posted a couple of photos on twitter of him and his team on the bus transfer. They all had ice stuck to their glasses & helmets. Great ride from Ciolek, more or less ghosted along at the back of that group using other folk. Think Sagan showed his inexperience on the sprint by effectively leading Ciolek out.

Sagan was probably thinking that he managed to hold off Cav in T-A in a straight sprint & would do the same to Ciolek.

True. He'll learn from it though.

Think Boonen needs to man the f**k up. He was whining about yesterday being "inhuman" almost as soon as he retired. Big respect to the guys who toughed that out. I think yesterday proved cycling is a sport for hard men.

Quick thinking by Wiggo & Sky splits a small group from the main field & takes 28 seconds off them on the 1st stage, J-rod, Valverde & Gesink all got themselves into the break of about 14 riders.

Just read a cycling news article where there ds is banging on about their training camps.

This ds kanven won Paris roubaix in 2001 at the head of a 123 from his team followed by convicted doper Johan museeuw and then world champion roman vainsteins. George hincapie was 4th. Zero tolerance.

Dan Martin had a superb ride the other day, be great if he could hold the lead in Catalunya.

That was a cracking bit of breakaway work. Didn't look over his shoulder to see where everyone else was, just focussed on the road in front of him and kept going.

He's maintained his lead well, so far.

Martin wins, overall, in Catalunya.

Froome & Porte just worked over Van Gardaren in the Criterium International & Gent Wevelgem is coming to a conclusion just now.

A Group of about 8 have a 50 sec lead wi 8k to go.

Sagan goes for it wi 4k to go.

He's got it wi 3 k to go. Can't see them catching him.

16 secs over the chasers wi 2k to go, it's a race for the minor places.

Sagan takes Gent Wevelgem easily in the end, by almost 30 secs, peleton at 40.

Edited by kiddy

Martin wins, overall, in Catalunya.

Froome & Porte just worked over Van Gardaren in the Criterium International & Gent Wevelgem is coming to a conclusion just now.

A Group of about 8 have a 50 sec lead wi 8k to go.

Sagan goes for it wi 4k to go.

He's got it wi 3 k to go. Can't see them catching him.

16 secs over the chasers wi 2k to go, it's a race for the minor places.

Sagan takes Gent Wevelgem easily in the end, by almost 30 secs, peleton at 40.

Wheelying over the line :lol: .

Sagan is an absolutely fantastic guy to watch.

Froome and Porte taking the piss again.

Good to see Sagan getting the win at G-W. Hopefully we get a Sagan-cancellera showdown at Flanders or robuaix. I don't think boonen has it this year, must have got to mad wae it over the winter again.

As a genuine question, what is the justification for Sagan and Dan Martin's wins being seen as impressive and deserved, but Froome and Porte's efforts in the Criterium being brushed off?

I grant you Team Sky's set up is suspicious, but does that not need to be taken as part and parcel of road cycling?

As a genuine question, what is the justification for Sagan and Dan Martin's wins being seen as impressive and deserved, but Froome and Porte's efforts in the Criterium being brushed off?

I grant you Team Sky's set up is suspicious, but does that not need to be taken as part and parcel of road cycling?

it's impossible for every team to be setting the pace in every race going and having their riders go off the front like lance armstrong at his peak so it's not really part and parcel.

no one really thinks sagan and cancellara are clean but they are entertaining to watch and don't come out with all the bullshit sky do.

dan martin's win was pretty normal. if the peloton hadn't crashed when he was in his breakaway they would have caught him and purito or valverde would have won.

it's impossible for every team to be setting the pace in every race going and having their riders go off the front like lance armstrong at his peak so it's not really part and parcel.

no one really thinks sagan and cancellara are clean but they are entertaining to watch and don't come out with all the bullshit sky do.

dan martin's win was pretty normal. if the peloton hadn't crashed when he was in his breakaway they would have caught him and purito or valverde would have won.

Thanks for that. Their drilled routine is increasingly boring to watch, there's no doubt about that. With that said, Froome has provided some exciting moments in the past, particularly enjoyed his battle with Cobo a few years ago in the Vuelta.

Like yourself (although probably to a lesser extent), I watch cycling to be entertained and there's no doubting the guys you mention are welcome characters.

My next question, I guess, is what makes Sky so much better at doping than others. I realise they have more money than other teams, but what is it spent on to give them such an advantage?