Procycling thread

myshkin

Millar's a bit of a fud. Rabobank are a commercial entity, they don't owe sport anything. They've done more than their share.

i think it's a smart move for rabo to get out as they have had too much bad pr. millar is obviously implying that they sat by and watched whilst leinders ran a team wide program led by levi, menchov and rasmussen but i don't know culpable (if at all) a sponsor can be. doping scandals aside pro cycling is supposedly an excellent investment for sponsors due to the year round exposure provided. hopefully the team get another sponsor asap and there is a strong dutch team in the peloton, gesink and mollema have the potentinal to compete in grand tours.

Cyclingnews

As predicted Cav is off & heads to Omega Pharma-Quickstep.

Probably just a coincidence that this happened hot on the heels of Team Sky's latest statement on doping, but with Cavendish only being one year into a three year deal, it does make you think.........

Probably just a coincidence that this happened hot on the heels of Team Sky's latest statement on doping, but with Cavendish only being one year into a three year deal, it does make you think.........

Does it? Considering that this has been talked about for a couple of months now I don't think it's really that suspicious. There was talks about Cav leaving Sky because the team would be focusing even more on GTs, which would rather hamper his number of wins, dating back to the Tour de France

Does it? Considering that this has been talked about for a couple of months now I don't think it's really that suspicious. There was talks about Cav leaving Sky because the team would be focusing even more on GTs, which would rather hamper his number of wins, dating back to the Tour de France

I'd agree, Cav moving to OPQ will see him in a team where Classics & sprinters are more the priority. I'd imagine one squad will be Belgian dominated, with Boonen it's focus, whilst Cav will be reaquainted with a large part of, what was, his HTC team.

Of last years roster, disregarding Leipheimer, only Chavanel would have been considered an all round GC challenger.

Edited by kiddy

No coincidence at all he's been saying for months his future may lay away from team sky given they are a team going for GC's

Pish. He left because he was wasted at Team Sky.

Also, I see Tony Martin once again wiped the time trialling floor with everyone at the Chrono de Nations. The guy is an absolute beast at time trials. I think he'd probably have beaten Wiggins at the Olympics if he hadn't sustained that injury before the games.

Pish. He left because he was wasted at Team Sky.

Also, I see Tony Martin once again wiped the time trialling floor with everyone at the Chrono de Nations. The guy is an absolute beast at time trials. I think he'd probably have beaten Wiggins at the Olympics if he hadn't sustained that injury before the games.

1 Tony Martin (Ger) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:58:07 2 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:00:41 3 Taylor Phinney (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:42 4 Jeremy Roy (Fra) FDJ-BigMat 0:01:45 5 Laszlo Bodrogi (Fra) Team Type 1 0:03:23 6 Carlos Oyarzun (Chi) Chile 01h01'42"450 0:03:35 7 Manuele Boaro (Ita) Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank 0:03:48 8 Gustav Larsson (Swe) Vacansoleil-DCM 0:04:04 9 Loïc Desriac (Fra) Roubaix 0:04:42 10 Franck Vermeulen (Fra) Vérandas Rideau-U 0:04:46 11 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Astana 0:04:47 12 Gregor Gazvoda (Slo) Ag2r-La Mondiale 0:05:19 13 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:05:26 14 Romain Bacon Auber 93 0:05:35 15 Tomasz Marczynski (Pol) Vacansoleil-DCM 0:06:22 16 Sébastien Duret (Fra) Bretagne-Schuller 0:06:35 17 Chris Froome (GBr) Sky 0:06:36 18 Anthony Delaplace (Fra) Saur-Sojasun 0:06:40 19 Rudy Molard (Fra) Cofidis 0:07:25 20 Paul Poux (Fra) Saur-Sojasun 0:07:30 21 Richie Porte (Aus) Sky 0:08:00 22 Damien Monier (Fra) Cofidis 0:11:39

froome must be suffering from one of his trademark tropical diseases :D

at first glance the route looks promising, thumbs up for three alps stages before paris rather than the race being decided by time trial. it's much better seeing it won head to head.

there looks to be potential for a few jersey changes on corsica in the first three days. a sprinter is pretty much guaranteed to be wearing the first yellow jersey so there will probably be a huge crash on the first day if 2012 was anything to go by.

at first glance the route looks promising, thumbs up for three alps stages before paris rather than the race being decided by time trial. it's much better seeing it won head to head.

there looks to be potential for a few jersey changes on corsica in the first three days. a sprinter is pretty much guaranteed to be wearing the first yellow jersey so there will probably be a huge crash on the first day if 2012 was anything to go by.

Aye, I think the yellow jersey will get banded about 2 or 3 times in the first 3 days. Will be good to see the final stages of the tour actually being decided by racing against each other rather than a time trial. Should see a few kamikaze attacks rather than Team Sky hauling the peloton along.

Full details.

Good to see a return of the team time trial. Wiggins has apparently said he's concentrating on the Giro, so I doubt he'll defend his title.

According to Wiggins he will concentrate on the Giro but will ride the Tour as super domestique for Froome, who he claims is better suited to the Tour route.

According to Wiggins he will concentrate on the Giro but will ride the Tour as super domestique for Froome, who he claims is better suited to the Tour route.

Should Wiggo ride the Giro, I'd expect him to line up in the Vuelta, not the Tour. Froome would then follow last years schedule that proved so profitable for Sky.

Recent history has shown that riding two GT's in succession is just a step too far, when other riders are targetting the one race for a season.

Should Wiggo ride the Giro, I'd expect him to line up in the Vuelta, not the Tour. Froome would then follow last years schedule that proved so profitable for Sky.

Recent history has shown that riding two GT's in succession is just a step too far, when other riders are targetting the one race for a season.

Whatever happens Wiggins will be at the Tour, no doubt about it. At this early stage I`m not entirely sure who else is targeting the Giro? Hesjedal probably will defend, Nibali would love a Giro win on his palmares. J-Rod? He`d just like any Grand Tour win! The Giro & Tour certainly rank far above the Vuelta in prestige, Sky will demand Wiggins is at the Tour.

I like the Tour route, a bit more variation & opportunities for attacks. Contador will be rubbing his hands though, if he`s on form, can`t see anybody stopping him on that course.