Procycling thread

myshkin

As expected, I think the exertions of the last couple of months starting to catch up on Froome.

Gave up 22 secs to Contador, whilst only taking 36 off of J-Rod & 29 from Valverde.

Not enough, to beat the Spanish, in my book.

Unless he's got some utter madness planned in the mountains, can't see Froomey winning it.

Edit to add:- Nice to see Eurosport have Froome down as being English. <_<

He'll be Kenyan again if there's no podium :ph34r:

Looks to be slowly slipping away from Froome, shipped another 23 secs today & sits +51.

Needs to come up with the goods Sat/Sun, but it looks like the tank may be emptying.

Hmm. Feeling much the same. Think he's fighting to keep third.

Who?

Contador was the one I was thinking of. Just seems a bit odd that you're so hateful towards someone who may be cheating, but there's no solid evidence against, while at the same time you seem to be happy to for him to be overtaken by someone who has actually been caught cheating.

Enjoyed seeing Cummings win the stage the other day, I like it when someone from the breakaway wins the stage.

Strange how he does that then ships 25 mins the next day. :o Though some can climb 3 or 4 mountains day after day. :rolleyes:

if you are watching pro cycling (or any big money sport) you need to deal with the fact that doping is going to happen.

the reason a lot of people feel negatively about sky is that they made a big song and dance about being clean and talked down other teams and riders but seem to have established a huge program regardless. it's the hypocrisy and insult to our intelligence that stinks not the doping. there are quotes from wiggins in 2007 were he says anyone working with a known doping doctor should be banned from the tour. 5 years later he is working with leinders. he also said something along the lines of how someone winning a TT by two minutes was ridiculous and a few years later he is doing exactly that. then when people call him out over it he calls them all the names under the sun.

contador has an old school continental, he is never going to talk about doping in public if he can help it regardless of whether it is him or another rider involved. the anglo saxon riders will talk shit about vino or ricco happily but even though we all know that george hincapie and dave zabriskie doped cavendish and wiggins will happily hang with them. there were positive quotes coming out of sky about lance as recently as the start of this summer!

Rodriguez coped pretty easily with Contador's persistent attacking today. I'd be surprised if Bertie can overhaul him now. Froome looks set to miss the podium.

I think you will find I was highly critical of Contador too. So maybe you just shouldn't comment.

And yet you seemed delighted that Contador overtook Froome - a confirmed doper is better than a possible doper? Bizarre.

And yet you seemed delighted that Contador overtook Froome - a confirmed doper is better than a possible doper? Bizarre.

I was delighted to see that junkie c**t drop out of second. Also, Contador is no longer a "confirmed doper" so you can drop that right there, just because not everyone goes along with the UK Postal Team Sky love-in doesn't mean I like other people being junkies.

Todays stage was well worth the watching, purely for the bonkers 22% gradients.

Cotaldo won the stage in what just about became the slowest sprint finish ever. :lol::lol::lol: His legs must have felt like they were going to explode.

When you saw the state both he & De Gent were in & then J-Rod, Bertie & Valverde arrived a minute & ½ later, yet had been able to fcuk about, again. It just goes to show how ridiculous it's becoming.