Procycling thread

myshkin

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Remco rides into pink but the real story was GT and TGH limiting losses to 1 and 2 seconds respectively. He has good gaps to both and Roglic but after yesterday you've got to wonder if they'll effectively gang up on him and then fight it out amongst themselves once/if he's out of it? 

Thomas has the experience so hopefully they'll cook up a plan of attack..

The Teo fella is a hard interview....

Evenepol admitted disappointment at only gaining a lot less than expected today..

the last stage of the Tour of Hongrie (?) was neutralised and it looked a lot less wet than Italy, reasons given were lines on road and gully covers, the peloton rode at ease...

5 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

You wonder if a few more will follow, seems as if it’s fairly rife through the peloton, real shame as it was setting up as a good race.

I was just listening to a post race interview with the Ineos SD and he was coughing away like a heavy smoker. 😬

Would be a real shame if a potentially great race is ruined by Covid.

6 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

You wonder if a few more will follow, seems as if it’s fairly rife through the peloton, real shame as it was setting up as a good race.

Expect an explosion of cases, given reports of covid protocols being jeopardised on exiting the mountain top finish the other day. Teams were mixing with the general public in cable cars, on rout to team hotels!

20 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Expect an explosion of cases, given reports of covid protocols being jeopardised on exiting the mountain top finish the other day. Teams were mixing with the general public in cable cars, on rout to team hotels!

Uran has gone as well after testing positive. They won't be the last sadly, this after Ganna going earlier in the week. 

21 minutes ago, kiddy said:

They were saying on Eurosport last night that they were cramming them into the cable cars. They too were expecting a spate of cases.

I'm a bit surprised that Covid is still being used in this way. I know it's sport and any respiratory issues will be curtains for their bid but in any other walk of life the guidance seems to be that even if you test positive you go about your business unless you feel ill and can't work.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm a bit surprised that Covid is still being used in this way. I know it's sport and any respiratory issues will be curtains for their bid but in any other walk of life the guidance seems to be that even if you test positive you go about your business unless you feel ill and can't work.

Exactly this - really don't understand the double-standards unless there are rules specific to Italy. I've got a colleague off work at the moment with COVID but there's not a chance that I'd voluntarily stick that brush up my nose again unless I absolutely had to!

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Code: “You’ve had your jabs, now get your arse in the saddle & race 125 miles, with 6000 ft of climbing. Sponsors are paying you & there’s  still 18 days to go before you can slack off!

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

Code: “You’ve had your jabs, now get your arse in the saddle & race 125 miles, with 6000 ft of climbing. Sponsors are paying you & there’s  still 18 days to go before you can slack off!

Not just that - this might be the best chance Remco has of wining a pink Jersey. Fair enough if he's feeling the effects (as in other jobs, if you're too ill you're too ill) but just a positive test?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not just that - this might be the best chance Remco has of wining a pink Jersey. Fair enough if he's feeling the effects (as in other jobs, if you're too ill you're too ill) but just a positive test?

Indeed. Seems crazy if he's asymptomatic or even just a runny nose.

23 hours ago, Gnash said:

I was just listening to a post race interview with the Ineos SD and he was coughing away like a heavy smoker. 😬

Would be a real shame if a potentially great race is ruined by Covid.

That was Tossato, the amount of coughing was ridiculous.

Remco stated he wasn’t feeling great in the second half of the stage.

2 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Just received this...

uci.jpeg.507d8e2eced5d970d3330e344a870e1b.jpeg

I am assuming its the real deal.....

It is. Doing the Crow Road in the wrong direction & also missing out the chance for an ascent of the Tak Me Doon Road in Kilsyth. #Underwhelming!

4 hours ago, kiddy said:

It is. Doing the Crow Road in the wrong direction & also missing out the chance for an ascent of the Tak Me Doon Road in Kilsyth. #Underwhelming!

One for the sprinters then? They don't come around all that often

15 hours ago, kiddy said:

Maybe they will resurface the Crow Road.  At the weekend I saw a rider that had hit a large pothole on a bend on the descent.  She was lying in the ditch, in a burn, with her clubmates calling for an ambulance.  Apparently she broke 6 ribs + collar bone and suffered internal injuries.

On 15/05/2023 at 21:09, kiddy said:

That was Tossato, the amount of coughing was ridiculous.

Remco stated he wasn’t feeling great in the second half of the stage.

Young Remco looked like he'd aged 20 years in that TT the other day. 

The weather's been miserable as well, yesterday looked horrendous to be in. 

3 hours ago, Gnash said:

Maybe they will resurface the Crow Road.  At the weekend I saw a rider that had hit a large pothole on a bend on the descent.  She was lying in the ditch, in a burn, with her clubmates calling for an ambulance.  Apparently she broke 6 ribs + collar bone and suffered internal injuries.

I've been over it twice in the last three weeks and it's a bumpy spotty mess, plenty of tar been used but glad I was in a car TBH....