Procycling thread

myshkin

10 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Remco absolutely smashing the Giro prologue, 22 seconds ahead of Ganna and 43 ahead of Roglic.  Great for him, but potentially shit for the race as a whole as it may turn into a procession.

I now have joint 9th on a segment with WVA. 🤣

Hopefully his legs will go in the mountains....

Looking forward to it all unfold..

On another note, if rumours are correct and they use the crow Road, I was up there recently(in the car) and they have been fixing (I use the word loosely) the potholes...

VERY bumpy ride ahead.....

17 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Remco absolutely smashing the Giro prologue, 22 seconds ahead of Ganna and 43 ahead of Roglic.  Great for him, but potentially shit for the race as a whole as it may turn into a procession.

Bet you never thought you'd type that sentence! 🙂 

He also posted a ride of what I assume is the finishing circuit in Glasgow, although looks like he was on a leisure bike when he did it.

23 hours ago, Gnash said:

He was doing a recon, you’d have been hanging out your arse!😂🤣😂

On 06/05/2023 at 20:07, printer said:

Bet you never thought you'd type that sentence! 🙂 

He also posted a ride of what I assume is the finishing circuit in Glasgow, although looks like he was on a leisure bike when he did it.

F1B99F34-26BF-4DEB-8003-984F7228A8B7.png

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

He was doing a recon, you’d have been hanging out your arse!😂🤣😂

Apparently in the 2018 Strade Bianchi, Wout had a normalised power of 369 watts for FIVE HOURS. 🤪

I can do 369 watts for 3.5 minutes! 😆

On 07/05/2023 at 22:13, Gnash said:

Apparently in the 2018 Strade Bianchi, Wout had a normalised power of 369 watts for FIVE HOURS. 🤪

I can do 369 watts for 3.5 minutes! 😆

I can do it for 3.5 seconds. 🙂

Carnage in the Giro today, crashes all over the place on the wet roads.  One of the incidents was caused by a dog running on to the road and Ballerini sliding on the road for about 30m. 😲

Evenepoel came off on in that incident and again in the last 3km.  Yet another crash at 7km.  

And yet one more on the line with Cav gaining a place up to 5th due to his bike being ahead of his body! 😆

35 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Carnage in the Giro today, crashes all over the place on the wet roads.  One of the incidents was caused by a dog running on to the road and Ballerini sliding on the road for about 30m. 😲

Evenepoel came off on in that incident and again in the last 3km.  Yet another crash at 7km.  

And yet one more on the line with Cav gaining a place up to 5th due to his bike being ahead of his body! 😆

I mean it's never great to see anyone crash but that's a hilarious photo finish. Don't think there was anything malicious, just Dainese went for a gap that wasn't really there. 

Evenepoel apparently pretty banged up as well. Be an interesting next few days if this weather keeps up. See who still has the nerve on descents after a few days of chaos.

Would expect Remco to be in pink after tomorrow but was an interesting point during commentary today. When he won the vuelta he'd had two rest days by the time we reach the first one here. Could be a factor moving forward

11 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Would expect Remco to be in pink after tomorrow but was an interesting point during commentary today. When he won the vuelta he'd had two rest days by the time we reach the first one here. Could be a factor moving forward

Good win for Ben Healy yesterday.

Thought Remco rowed back on putting too much into trying to catch Roglic & decided to limit losses, knowing he’ll be going full gas in the ITT today.

Still, be a fascinating watch though.

Remco rides into pink but the real story was GT and TGH limiting losses to 1 and 2 seconds respectively. He has good gaps to both and Roglic but after yesterday you've got to wonder if they'll effectively gang up on him and then fight it out amongst themselves once/if he's out of it?