Procycling thread

myshkin

10 hours ago, The_Craig said:

I'd class CF's Giro recovery alongside those two tbh.

I've never seen a grand tour stage like today's. The way that that JV attacked and counter attacked Pogacar truly was a sight to behold. After 20-odd years of US Postal, Sky and Ineos strangling the life out of the tour, it was so refreshing to see the gloves off and the main GC guys attacking each other. All the while, Thomas just rode tempo and let them batter 6 shades of shit out of each other. 

Pogacar has already said he's going to come out swinging. But he can't do it on his own and his team doesn't seem up to it. Majka has COVID, the effect this will take on his is unknown. Whereas JV look on top form. Have they burned too many matches today? 

Totally this, I've come to expect that the only actual racing for the GC comes on the last 5km of mountain stages, to see Vingegaard and Roglic attacking Pogacar with 60/70km left was something else. Really excited to see what today hold on the Alp d'huez. Will Pogacar be back on form, how much did yesterday take out of Vingegaard, Roglic and a few others from JV seemed to take the foot of the gas once it was clear Pogacar was done so they may have more in the tank for today. 

UAE's DS off Tour having tested covid +ve.
Froome & Pidcock in break 6+ mins up road on the Croix de Fer.
Still got the 6 minutes plus in hand at the bottom of Alpe d'Huez.

Pidcock on the descents is a sight to behold.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Still got the 6 minutes plus in hand at the bottom of Alpe d'Huez.

Pidcock on the descents is a sight to behold.

Isn't it just. Tremendous performance from him. Great effort from Froome too.

There was a moment where he kissed the barrier on the outside of the bend where you wondered just how he managed to hold it. 

Heartstopping stuff and baws of titanium.
Or when he near took himself & Ciccone out![emoji85]

Caught the highlights from yesterday. I know they always churn out the the records for climbing Ventoux, Alpe d'Huez etc, but I would be stunned if anyone has ever came down the Col de Galibier quicker than Pidcock did yesterday.

Kruiswijk & Van Aert both go down in crash. The latter back on a bike, but the former's collar bone looks to have broken. (*Abandons)

Big blow for JV

Edited by kiddy