Procycling thread

myshkin

Voeckler loses 20 odd seconds, Basso as well I think, Cungeo might move up a place. Schlecks and Evans caught the Spaniards on the line.

Evans now trails Voeckler by 1.18.

Edited by Desert Nomad

EBH takes the win, Contador & Sanchez pushing it on the descent, Voeckler off the road!!!

aye voeckler and some other french boy almost ended up popping into someones house for a cheeky cuppa :lol:

another good stage. contador and sanchez tried to make it count on the descent but they got caught. very poor tv work, we didn't see the group with the schlecks, evans and cuenego or even a time split from the top of the climb until the final km which was pish.

i also thought sanchez was a goner at one point. they should have an olympic descending competition with sanchez, contador, nibali, cuenego, cancellara and hushovd to see who is the best.

Edited by T_S_A_R

another good stage. contador and sanchez tried to make it count on the descent but they got caught. very poor tv work, we didn't see the group with the schlecks, evans and cuenego or even a time split from the top of the climb until the final km which was pish.

I can sympathise a little, they only have a certain amount of cameras there at the beginning and it takes time to get them up to speed.

Good stage. More twists to come.

I can sympathise a little, they only have a certain amount of cameras there at the beginning and it takes time to get them up to speed.

Good stage. More twists to come.

i think the french production crew went a bit tommy v mad, he had a bike and the chopper on him. the tricky descent might have reduced the number of cameras they were using.

it would have been quite interesting to see evans, cuenego and the schlecks working togther to chase the spainards and also to see if the rest of their group was helping.

aye voeckler and some other french boy almost ended up popping into someones house for a cheeky cuppa :lol:

i also thought sanchez was a goner at one point. they should have an olympic descending competition with sanchez, contador, nibali, cuenego, cancellara and hushovd to see who is the best.

Indeed, bring Savoldelli back as well! Cav just saying that the real descenders are back in the grupetto, "we take 5 minutes out of everybody!" :lol:

Edited by Desert Nomad

Interesting to note that AC & SS had the others bursting a gut to close them down. May well play into their hands in the next two days.

they were going full pelt themselves.

we didn't see it but if the 7 or 8 guys in the chase group were working together they would have used less energy than the spanish duo.

Tomorrow`s stage:

tdf2011_18sp_600.jpg

Contador & Andy Schleck would really like to have seen these climbs in reverse order. The Galibier just isn`t steep enough early to make the kind of attacks that they like to, it kicks up nearer the end, but they need more time on Evans. Can see Saxo & Leopard sending guys up the road & then Contador/Schleck attacking on the Izoard to try and distance Evans. They`ll need the help of teammates as a sizeable chase group could catch them on the long drag out of Briancon. Of course, if Sanchez could cross the Izoard anywhere near Contador, that would be nearly as good as a teammate! Ideally the Agnel is more Contadors kind of climb, but way too far out to attack IMO.

Contador for the stage, A Schleck/Sanchez at 30s, Basso/F Schleck at 1 min, Evans/Cunego/Danielson/Uran 1 min-2 min, Voeckler 3-4 mins.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Sanchez fancies doing AC work for him then I would pish myself laughing if everyone else took turns at attacking the pair of them.

Is it just me but Evans has done litterally f**k all the entire tour and is in a great position to win it. Out of all the contenders, either of the Schlecks will do for me.

Sanchez fancies doing AC work for him then I would pish myself laughing if everyone else took turns at attacking the pair of them.

Is it just me but Evans has done litterally f**k all the entire tour and is in a great position to win it. Out of all the contenders, either of the Schlecks will do for me.

Sanchez and Contador have found common ground working with one another, both are having to come from behind after first week losses. Don`t think anybody will be strong enough to hold of Contador than possibly Andy Schleck tomorrow. Evans has done something has been fortunate in that nobody has isolated him. Any time he`s looked he might get dropped(not often), there has always been someone to take him back. Voeckler having the Yellow Jersey has benefitted him no end, as he has not had to work to keep it, while also not having to attack. A relatively mild parcours(only 4 real mountain stages) favours him as well, the inclusion of an earlier ITT would have meant it would now be his race to throw away. Still think the Schlecks have been overly worried about Contador, while dismissing Evans too lightly.

Contador & Andy Schleck would really like to have seen these climbs in reverse order. The Galibier just isn`t steep enough early to make the kind of attacks that they like to, it kicks up nearer the end, but they need more time on Evans. Can see Saxo & Leopard sending guys up the road & then Contador/Schleck attacking on the Izoard to try and distance Evans. They`ll need the help of teammates as a sizeable chase group could catch them on the long drag out of Briancon. Of course, if Sanchez could cross the Izoard anywhere near Contador, that would be nearly as good as a teammate! Ideally the Agnel is more Contadors kind of climb, but way too far out to attack IMO.

Contador for the stage, A Schleck/Sanchez at 30s, Basso/F Schleck at 1 min, Evans/Cunego/Danielson/Uran 1 min-2 min, Voeckler 3-4 mins.

If only. When was the last time these particular guys didn't leave it until the last 10k to attack each other? They will mark each other until then, the only difference I can see tommorow is Saxo Bank being asked to do a bit more work for Contador earlier than they have been to streatch it out for the final climb. The problem with that would be it could leave Bertie alone up the Galabier with Leopard and BMC riders still up there.

So, I picked the wrong SKY guy today, only because I didn't think EBH would be up there after being so involved yesterday.

First French stage winner this year tomorrow.

Enjoyed the eurosport coverage and the descent of the final hill really threw up some entertainment.

Great victory for Boassen Hagen and nice to see Cav in green.

Looking forward to tomorrow and Friday to see if the GC gets interesting, if it doesn't, which ia unlkely, then Thor Hushvod might be fresh again and up for some madness.

If only. When was the last time these particular guys didn't leave it until the last 10k to attack each other? They will mark each other until then, the only difference I can see tommorow is Saxo Bank being asked to do a bit more work for Contador earlier than they have been to streatch it out for the final climb. The problem with that would be it could leave Bertie alone up the Galabier with Leopard and BMC riders still up there.

So, I picked the wrong SKY guy today, only because I didn't think EBH would be up there after being so involved yesterday.

:o no chance, GC rider takes next two stages IMO. If Contador doesn`t attack then hand Evans the jersey now.

:o no chance, GC rider takes next two stages IMO. If Contador doesn`t attack then hand Evans the jersey now.

FDJ and AG2R will attack from the start tomorrow and Friday. These two days will be the most viewed days of this years race. Who will chase them back if they do? Like I said, the GC contenders teams will mark each other. If the breakaway is big enough, HTC will let it go as well. That leaves Movistar or OPL to do all the work in the slight hope that Rojas or Gilbert can catch Cav.

And to be honest, Roy and Casar deserve a win this year.

Stage 15 in the Giro this year, when AC shoved it right up Nibali two climbs on the trot, Nibali having descended like a stone, before the final climb, to catch up.

Stage 15 in the Giro this year, when AC shoved it right up Nibali two climbs on the trot, Nibali having descended like a stone, before the final climb, to catch up.

Yeah, but I was talking about the Tour here to be honest. The climbs in Italy are totally different to France, as I am sure you know.

Edit - Nibali isn't even on the Tour this year anyway.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed