Procycling thread

myshkin

Pogacar really is a complete rider. I can't see anyone getting near him in races that he wants to win. I love the tour but last years was a procession. Still enjoyable seeing someone at the very top of their sport preforming like that mind.

JV can't possibly send both WVA & Roglic to the Tour. I know the Belgian has the Spring Classics coming up, but he'd be a hot favourite for the Giro, on his current form.

I saw Sunday's stage where the 3 JV riders just left the field behind on the final climb. Very impressive.

JV can't possibly send both WVA & Roglic to the Tour. I know the Belgian has the Spring Classics coming up, but he'd be a hot favourite for the Giro, on his current form.

Hasn't WVA already stated that the green jersey is his main objective this season?

21 year old Eritrean Biniam Girmey becomes 1st African to win Ghent-Wevelgem.
Edges out Christophe Laporte in a 4 way sprint beating Jasper Stuyven & Dries Van Gestel, having broken away with 30km to go.

21 year old Eritrean Biniam Girmey becomes 1st African to win Ghent-Wevelgem.
Edges out Christophe Laporte in a 4 way sprint beating Jasper Stuyven & Dries Van Gestel, having broken away with 30km to go.

He's looked pretty strong so far this season and hit the bar a few times so great to see him get a big win. Anyone who can out kick Stuyven is a good rider.

Desperately sad news about Richard Moore, he was a good listen on the Cycling podcast. 

Netflix have commissioned a Drive to Survive equivalent documentary for the Tour de France this year airing early 2023. Following 8 teams, not Bahrain Victorious, presumably fearing a repeat of last year & not Movistar as they are quite capable of their own carnage on their own dedicated documentary. 

Good win for MvDP in Flanders. Almost went kaput on the final climb, but held on to Pogacar over the top. The pair duked it out until the last 300m, but were caught by Madouas & Van Baarle, who were carrying speed. Almost being swamped by the pair, Pogacar found himself completely boxed with nowhere to go; the Dutch favourite right in front of him, & found himself completely off the podium, finishing 4th!

Good win for MvDP in Flanders. Almost went kaput on the final climb, but held on to Pogacar over the top. The pair duked it out until the last 300m, but were caught by Madouas & Van Baarle, who were carrying speed. Almost being swamped by the pair, Pogacar found himself completely boxed with nowhere to go; the Dutch favourite right in front of him, & found himself completely off the podium, finishing 4th!

As one tweet cruelly put it, Pogacar ended up 4th in a two horse race.

Pogacar made a total dog's dinner of it..

I think he knew he didn't have the beating of van der Poel in the sprint..

apparently he gave van Baarle abuse as he crossed the line..

The front two almost deserved to blow it,

I thought both Van Baarle and Maduas's momentum would have carried them through,

van Baarle had that bike exchange carry on mid race when they were going full tilt so he must have lost time there so he did well to get back up and compete at the end.

Roll on the Hell of the North....