Procycling thread

myshkin

I wish I had Eurosport.

The coverage has been brilliant. Sadly for me , I won't be able to see anty of the live racing today as I am working.

Quick question. I know they get a load of spectators at the roadside during this but do any of you think they get a bit too close? I mean they almost stand in front of the guys whilst clapping, waving flags etc

The coverage has been brilliant. Sadly for me , I won't be able to see anty of the live racing today as I am working.

Quick question. I know they get a load of spectators at the roadside during this but do any of you think they get a bit too close? I mean they almost stand in front of the guys whilst clapping, waving flags etc

Best one i can remember was Giani Bugno on a mountain stage, got knocked off at a corner as he was attacking & promptly attacked said goon with his bike.

Live on ITV4 just now.

Edited by kiddy

Their coverage is awesome.

This is the day where the tour will be lost

Predictions:

Contador to collapse half way through

Schleck to win the stage and take yellow (unsure which one)

Eurosports coverage is better but ITV4's more accesible online.

I loved Kelly's quote in the Giro, when Harmon asked what it would take to catch Contador on a climb. He replied "A Kawasaki 500" :lol::lol::lol:

big stage today with 5 climbs.

leopard have sent jens voight and gerdemann up the road in the break so they'll obviously be looking for the schlecks to get back into contact with them later in the day probably for the flattish 25 km before the final climb.

should be exciting :D

IMO the Schlecks might just have blown their chance of taking the tour.

Neither can TT like Contador or Evans & do they have it in them to overcome Voeckler?

The last two MT finishes were a chance to put serious time into a guy who's already ridden a GT this season & they've only taken 12 secs max.

I think they'll live to regret their reluctance to put the hammer down in todays stage & that to Luiz Ardiden.

Chappo Tommy Voeckler, deservedly still in yellow.

:thumsup2 Tommy V!

Andy Schleck is gonna have to get rid of Evans somewhere before the time trial, put in 3 attacks today but easily answered by the others, his little sprint at the end was a bit pointless.

Basso again looked very strong, but couldn`t ride the others away. Pity Sanchez lost time in crashes/TTT early on, he again looks very strong.

Contador hanging around has got to be bad for everybody else, he obviously isn`t at his best, but if he rides himself into form by the Alps, they`ll regret not attacking him harder.

All in all average day for the Schleck`s, good one for everyone else, super one for Voeckler. Pity to see Cunego just tail off at the end.

IMO the Schlecks might just have blown their chance of taking the tour.

Neither can TT like Contador or Evans & do they have it in them to overcome Voeckler?

The last two MT finishes were a chance to put serious time into a guy who's already ridden a GT this season & they've only taken 12 secs max.

I think they'll live to regret their reluctance to put the hammer down in todays stage & that to Luiz Ardiden.

Chappo Tommy Voeckler, deservedly still in yellow.

I agree a bit, do you think that they worry about the wherabouts of the other too much? Andy`s attacks were strong, but he didn`t insist long enough IMO. Think they are very scared of Evans & rightly so, he will crush them in the TT.

I agree a bit, do you think that they worry about the wherabouts of the other too much? Andy`s attacks were strong, but he didn`t insist long enough IMO. Think they are very scared of Evans & rightly so, he will crush them in the TT.

Looking for each other almost as much as they were watching AC. :wacko:

Perhaps it was a good thing Frank crashed last year, it might be the closest Andy ever comes to winning a GT.

Looking for each other almost as much as they were watching AC. :wacko:

Perhaps it was a good thing Frank crashed last year, it might be the closest Andy ever comes to winning a GT.

I don`t doubt Voeckler will lose Yellow in the Alps, but IMO, Andy looked pretty strong today & should have persisted with one of his attacks, Frank didn`t look so good. Sanchez at least made some sort of move, although I think Andy looked stronger than him even. The Schlecks better get it sorted before the Alps, or somebody else will take what could possibly have been their Tour.

They are really struggling to shake Voeckler, superb effort from him.

Brilliant stuff it was, but, & there has to be a but, this is the kinda form Voeckler has never showed before, covering attacks from the top GC riders in the world, it`s gotta have people wondering just how. I hope he`s clean, he`s a rider who you can`t help to like, I just get the feeling it`s mibbe not what it appears. Hope I`m wrong.

It's also the fact that he seems to be doing it with ease. He's not exactly struggling to do it.

The one who looks to be struggling to me is Evans, after every attack he looks absolutely fucked.

Danielson looks like he's just a little out of his depth, but I still reckon he'll get a top 10 finish.

f**k sake, where is Voeckler getting this from?

If he keeps this up surely he is a threat to take the TDF.

It's the old saying about "pulling on the Golden Fleece". He's always been a decent rider, his protection of the MJ in 2004 was along much the same lines.

As for a threat by the time we get to Paris, I'd doubt it.

Edited by kiddy