Procycling thread

myshkin

wiggins has announced he's giving up doping.

Can't remember the last Tour winner not to try and win it again. It's well documented him and Froome don't see eye to eye(or at least the WAGS don't). Surely he'd have seen Froome's statement of winning the Tour for the next few years and thought aye right. The Tour starts in England next year, he'll be back, possibly not on the same squad as Froome though.

Can't remember the last Tour winner not to try and win it again. It's well documented him and Froome don't see eye to eye(or at least the WAGS don't). Surely he'd have seen Froome's statement of winning the Tour for the next few years and thought aye right. The Tour starts in England next year, he'll be back, possibly not on the same squad as Froome though.

froome's claim that he aims to win 7 tours was world class trolling.

hopefully he is heading for a fall.

It would be ballsy of Sky to ditch a Knight of the realm.

I see the rumours flying about that Rigoberto Uran looks to be heading to OPQS. Probably sounds sensible. They're lacking a proper GC contender at the moment, and Uran deserves to be a team leader in his own right.

It would be ballsy of Sky to ditch a Knight of the realm.

I see the rumours flying about that Rigoberto Uran looks to be heading to OPQS. Probably sounds sensible. They're lacking a proper GC contender at the moment, and Uran deserves to be a team leader in his own right.

All depends on Wiggins relationship with Brailsford I suppose & the outcome of this years Tour.

Uran would be better targeting the Giro. He'll get more support there and has proved he can compete. All depends on Nibali. If he goes for the Giro again he'll probably win it. He might go for the Tour 2014 though.

Ullrich finally admits to doping, says it wasn't cheating though!

http://au.eurosport.com/cycling/ullrich-finally-admits-doping-says-it-wasn-t-cheating_sto3812183/story.shtml

"Great heroes of the past are today people with flaws with which we must now cope"

Er no. The heroes are guys like Bassons who tried to ride cleanly in a dope fuelled peloton and became outcasts for doing so. Like Armstrong, he has no shame whatsoever. Why can't these people get that they were all cheating?

Edited by Desert Nomad

Got some photos on my phone while out in the West End. I really enjoyed the short amount of time that I watched, and did feel sorry for some of them going up the hill on Great George Street

post-11761-13720042558169_thumb.jpg

(Just after the climb, heading down to Gibson Street)

post-11761-13720043197008_thumb.jpg

(Byres Road, turning onto Great George Street)

Considering the British Champ's have been taking part in Glasgow & Stewerton this week.

The coverage from the Scottish Broadcast media has been nothing short of disgraceful.

I read online that Eurosport were covering it. Only to check and see they weren't. Highlights tomorrow on itv just isn't good enough.

I must admit, I thought the BBC would show it. I mean they don't usually bother giving road cycling a second though, but the woman's race had several Olympic track medallists involved, as did the men's. But nothing. Was a bit disappointing.

Cracking day out watching the men's race this afternoon. I've got a few photos that I'll post up once I've got them off my camera.

Right from the off the race was split into the decisive groups. After a couple of laps there was Omega Pharma's Andy Fenn and Ian Stannard off the front, then we had a group of Ben Swift, Pete Kennaugh, David Millar and Mark Cavendish with a group containing Luke Rowe slightly further back. The first 2 groups merged and that was always going to contain the winner. I think at one point they had a 9 minute lead on the peloton. Ben Swift and Andy Fenn withdrew after getting dropped, and Cav was looking very, very comfortable at the front.

The last lap I was following on Twitter, Stannard attacked, then Cav attacked, then Millar had a decent dig just before coming into Glasgow Green. He never had enough of a lead to make it stick though. As soon as Cavendish nudged the throttle on the final sprint Stannard and Millar never really contested it. As comfortable a win as he'll ever get.

Really looking forward to the Commonwealth games now. :)

The last lap I was following on Twitter, Stannard attacked, then Cav attacked, then Millar had a decent dig just before coming into Glasgow Green. He never had enough of a lead to make it stick though. As soon as Cavendish nudged the throttle on the final sprint Stannard and Millar never really contested it. As comfortable a win as he'll ever get.

Cav was going so fast at the end he was a blur going past. :lol:

Brilliant days racing. Big difference between the top riders and the rest, I thought. Pure class seeing these guy up close in the flesh, and so easy to wander between different parts of the route. The top women skooshed Montrose Street too.

Favourite moment of the day (*) was the pre-race interview with Cavendish, when Hugh Porter suggested he might find the course difficult because of the hills. "I'm doing the Tour de France next week." was the reply. :D

(*) well either that or Mark's missus standing near the finish line. :wub:

Edited by printer

Cav was going so fast at the end he was a blur going past. :lol:

Brilliant days racing. Big difference between the top riders and the rest, I thought. Pure class seeing these guy up close in the flesh, and so easy to wander between different parts of the route. The top women skooshed Montrose Street too.

Favourite moment of the day (*) was the pre-race interview with Cavendish, when Hugh Porter suggested he might find the course difficult because of the hills. "I'm doing the Tour de France next week." was the reply. :D

(*) well either that or Mark's missus standing near the finish line. :wub:

That seemed to be the difference. Those first 6 are some of the absolute top table of World Cycling, the difference was frightening between them and the rest was massive. Fair play to Luke Rowe who put a decent dig in to try and catch the leading 4.

I clocked Peta Todd standing about as well. Fair play, Cav. You've done alright. :lol: .

I also had the pleasure of meeting Laura Trott and Ned Boulting who were milling about.