Procycling thread

myshkin

Glad to see Cav took the points jersey & joined a select group to have the set of 3 GT points jerseys, in Djamolidine Abdoujaparov, Laurent Jalabert, Eddy Merckx & Alessandro Petacchi.

Also only him & Merckx have added the World Road Race title as well.

A few rumours kicking about this morning saying Wiggins might be out of the Tour already. Daily Mail & Gazetta in Italy reporting.

I don't really know what to make of the rumours, he had his knee bandaged up before his crash at the Giro, and then was forced out of it with a chest infection.

If he has any fitness, he'll line up for Sky. But while the mountains are more suited to Froome, it'll be interesting to see what happens if Wiggins gubs him in the time trials.

It's that time of year again. With less than a month to go until the Tour it's time I started considering my bets.

My favourite market tends to be a Top 10 finish, any decent tips to consider for the Top 10 on GC this year. I've had a few good bets on the last few years. I took Tommy Danielson 2 years ago, Last year I had Pierre Rolland.

Anybody got a strong feeling for anyone this time around?

Short stage to open the Criterium du Dauphiné today, & it was won by Europcar's David Veilleux after he went off on his own for the last 50km. It looked for a while that Tony Martin would solo across the gap to him, but he ended up not getting much closer than 2:30 from him, & so Veilleux ended up winning by 1:56, with Meersman leading in the group.

Vini farense have been ridiculous. Santambroglio is surely going to trip the wire as well

Read like a fucking book.

Finding the Dauphine difficult to be enthused about, cannot take to Chris Froome at all.

On the Wiggins front, he's done this before. Forced out of the Tour through injury, so he just needs to readjust his goals. The obvious candidates being the Vuelta and a proper shot at the Time Trial World Champion's jersey.

You'd think Vini Fantini wil surely cop it big time, as it insinuates systematic doping within the team.

Will this affect Cav's points win? As Nibali will pick up some from finishing 2nd to Santambrogio on his satage win.

Dauphine setting up nicely for a Bertie, Froome, J-Rod battle in the mountains. Pretty much a pre cursor to what's likely to happen next month.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Pie & Bovril mobile app