Procycling thread

myshkin

I await the English press clamour for him to lead Sky at the Tour now. He'd better hope it doesn't rain there, shitebag.

I can see Froome having to make his attempt on his own, without team support, like Contador had to do against Lance.

Richard Moore and David Walsh more than likely.

I think this may be the last year Froome spends with Sky, dependant on their stance in July.
IMO, he has clearly shown he's the better GT rider than Wiggo. That he's had to follow team orders, in support of the teams "star rider", has cost him 2 GT wins & maybe more before the season's out.

he was saying after that he didn't want to chase today but the team made them do. lefevre is a madman, i always remember footage of him going through the rest of the quickstep team because they couldn't climb like virenque!

interesting that wiggins and hydjesal both pulled out citing illness. possibly a consequence of being seriously underweight, they both look unhealthy. vaughters said the other day that RH started this giro at the weight he finished at last year.

David Millar abandoned with a chest infection as well. I think the fact there is 200 or so riders in such close proximity in such foul conditions that viral things spread so quickly. I've had a chest infection in the past and climbing a flight of stairs is a mission, so I don't even want to imagine what being on a bike for 5-6 hours would be like. I think it shows how much it affected Hesjedal and Wiggins when they were both dropped on relatively flat stages.

I think Nibbles has got this though. Uran and Evans need to attack like maniacs this week to make any contest of it.

great stage today. i think i saw more attacks in the last 30km today than in the full of the tour last year.

the attacks on the final descent were crazy, wiggins will be glad he is at home. i was hoping sam sanchez would get the win but it wasn't to be, hopefully he'll be in better form later in the year.

Brilliant attack from Visconti. Cav's team tried hard but that little climb towards the end just too much.

He'll really struggle to take the points jersey from Evans now with the Aussie sure to score well in the Dolomites.

no surprise there, he has been on the attack everyday like he used to be every other time has he has rode the giro doped to the gills. Thats his third positive so cheerio killer!

Vini farense have been ridiculous. Santambroglio is surely going to trip the wire as well

no surprise there, he has been on the attack everyday like he used to be every other time has he has rode the giro doped to the gills. Thats his third positive so cheerio killer!

Vini farense have been ridiculous. Santambroglio is surely going to trip the wire as well

Did Di Luca not state earlier in the race that he'd love to team up with Nibali at Astana?

Can see a fair sized break being allowed to take todays stage. Nibali has 4 mins on Evans, & Astana will just want to keep a lid on that.
As for De Luca, is anyone surprised?

just watched the final climb from yesterday, absolutely brutal. you have to love the lunatics on the side of the road.

looking forward to the tour now. it's going to be epic in the mountains with all out war between the fine upstanding representatives of hrm elizabeth II in team sky and the dirty cheating spics lead by contador, purito, valverde and quintana. i quite fancy putting a wee each way bet on valverde, he was very strong in the giro last year and movistar are in superb form.