Procycling thread

myshkin

I'll be firmly supporting Schleck from now on. Contador looked a bit suspect today. When he had all his Astana boys he looked good, but when thye all fell away and some riders started having a go at him he looked a bit uncertain.

Yep, i agree with that. Hope Schleck can put more pressure on Contador when they get to the Pyrenees. Was a bit suprised that Evans initally shot out of the back when he attacked as I thought he would have a bit more. But it was complusive viewing all the same.

looks like it's going to be a lively day today. the break's away with LL sancez, moreau, pineau and casar looking like they're going for the stage and the massive load of polka points on offer today plus some cannon fodder. jens voigt is also away which suggests saxo might be trying something later on and thor hushovd has escaped looking for sprint points.

i'm torn between following the live text at work or watching the higlights in ignorance when i get back home tonight. think i'll probably choose to brighten up my work day.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Schleck really does look good this year....he'll still need to find more time on Contador, I wouldnt be too confident with him going with this sort of lead into the time trial.

I'd guess he'd need to close to two minutes before the TT to have any chance of holding on in the GC.

And he has a lead of 41 seconds just now? You need to remember that it was a pretty short prologue too, and chances are he'll take more in the time trial. The race to the the Tourmalet should be funbiggrin.gif.

Yeah, he lost well over one minute to Alberto last year at Annecy.

Fantasic days racing! Got home just as they were starting the Madeleine climb, & what a clinmb it was! Schleck & Contador look to be at a similar level which is well above the rest. A pity Frank is out, as the tactics could`ve been interesting, with Andy sending Frank up the road forcing Contador to chase. However, the Pyreness should be some battle between the pair. The battle for third will be just as interesting with four or five riders in contention.

Team Sky.:lol:

Really surprised at that today. I know Madelaine is an HC but it's never struck me to one of the more difficult climbs in the past. I guess I was wrong about Astana being weak this year. They must have done some job getting Contador up the Col. It wouldn't have helped that Evans seemed to crack pretty on, that would have made them push a lot earlier than they probably would have normally. Can Saxo Bank defend this now? I think they possibly could, but I doubt it. I hope not anyway, Bjarne Riis is a drugs cheat and is their manager as I was reminded today. I used to think he was a great rider so I was gutted when he admitted his cheating and handed his yellow jersey back.

Basso has really disappointed me so far. I was expecting a lot more from him after the Giro he had.

Breakaway will stay away tomorrow. I'll go for Tommy Voeckler as it's Bastille Day.

Team Sky.:lol:

Really surprised at that today. I know Madelaine is an HC but it's never struck me to one of the more difficult climbs in the past. I guess I was wrong about Astana being weak this year. They must have done some job getting Contador up the Col. It wouldn't have helped that Evans seemed to crack pretty on, that would have made them push a lot earlier than they probably would have normally. Can Saxo Bank defend this now? I think they possibly could, but I doubt it. I hope not anyway, Bjarne Riis is a drugs cheat and is their manager as I was reminded today. I used to think he was a great rider so I was gutted when he admitted his cheating and handed his yellow jersey back.

Basso has really disappointed me so far. I was expecting a lot more from him after the Giro he had.

Breakaway will stay away tomorrow. I'll go for Tommy Voeckler as it's Bastille Day.

I think Basso has performed reasonably well. The days of being able to do a Giro-Tour double are, I think, a thing of the past. Since Indurain did it twice in the early 90`s, only Pantani has done it, due to Ullrich having an outstandingly bad day. No other rider has really got close, and few even try it. Perhaps it might be the result of a (hopefully) cleaner peloton, & undertaking the double is beyond the realms of physical capability.

I think if Basso finishes top 10, he`ll be fairly satisfied, he might even try for a stage in the Pyrenees. His teammate Kreuziger has dissapointed slightly though.

Why not Sylvan Chavanel for a superb hat-trick tomorrow?