Procycling thread

myshkin

Two words describe Contador today. Fcukin spewin.

Like how Valverde was laughing whist congratulating Froome.

As for yesterday's argument, Froome has tweeted that he nearly went right over Contadors head.

Almost went over your head @albertocontador. Little more care next time?

Edited by kiddy

In terms of Tuesday's descent I think in the cold light of day Froome will admit to himself (if no-one else) that chasing Contador down the descent was pretty foolish given his time advantage and that his main job now is to protect his yellow jersey, that's what a seasoned pro would do. Given that 99% of the threat to the jersey is him falling of his bike between then and Paris he should probably have a ridden a little smarter. If he wants to smash it every stage, that;s fine, but then risks come with that. He then said today that he did not expect the TT win, but that to me is at odds with his ride on Tuesday - why be happy to limit loses in the TT but not be happy to let Contador take 20 seconds on that descent.

I've also just about decided he is clean - he is getting an absolute pasting from all corners so I'm going to cut him some slack.

From the official site :-

The peloton is starting to assemble at the start of the stage and we can see that the roads are dry and that blue skies are the order of the day in Gap. At the site of the finish, however, it's been raining overnight and although its abating as we wait for starters orders, the forecast is for possible storm – hail even – between 2.00 and 3.00pm.

smart pr move from sky getting every news agency to report that they have released their power data while not actually releasing any power data.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2368282/Tour-France-2013-Team-Sky-release-Chris-Froomes-power-data-prove-hes-cheating.html

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/18/team-sky-chris-froome-data

Bit of debate on Twitter going on from various cycling correspondents as to what Sky should have done.

Edited by Desert Nomad

there isn't one word of truth in that headline but perception is always more important than reality

Froome's secrets revealed: Team Sky release astonishing data to prove British star works at the 'known human limit' in Tour de France glory bid... WITHOUT doping

This is amazing viewing. I just cannot comprehend this double loop mountain climb, absolutely mental.

I remember a double loop on the Passo Pordoi in the Giro years back. It was a belter of a stage as well, featuring an incredible battle between Olano and Tonkov for pink. Edited by Desert Nomad

I remember a double loop on the Passo Pordoi in the Giro years back. It was a belter of a stage as well, featuring an incredible battle between Olano and Tonkov for pink.

Yeah, I'm not going to try and pretend to be a cycling buff, but I'm loving this, incredible.