Procycling thread

myshkin

Thibaut Pinot abandons....apparnetly due to fears over the descents. :blink:

Bizarre is true.

Tony Martin criticised the descent of the Sarenne in the Dauphine for being too dangerous and unprotected. I've seen a rumour kicking about that if it rains the Tour organisers are willing to make tomorrow's stage just a single ascent of Alp d'Huez.

Evans probably just decided to cruise round and save his energy given he's so far back and already has the Giro in his legs.

Contador pretty unlucky, the bike change may have made all the difference between him & Froome winning the stage.

This is getting ridiculous. You just could not dominate this much without having some sort of advantage. Sky say it's his 'scientific training' and im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because you'd have to be a real sad case to be a lone doper. But surely this scientific training is just the same as doping as it gives riders opportunities which others don't. I just want a level playing field, where the effort and intelligence of a cyclist is rewarded, not because they have some new weaponry that no-one else has.

Contador pretty unlucky, the bike change may have made all the difference between him & Froome winning the stage.

I wouldn't have said he was unlucky, Saxo fucked up. Neither him or Kreuziger changed from their road bike to their TT bike, and I think they were the only ones out of the GC contenders not to change.

If it was because of the rain on the descent then perhaps Sky might deserve a bit of credit for tasking a chance by changing Froome's bike. Not that anyone here will do that of course.

Porte for the win tomorrow, just to wind everyone up even more.

I wouldn't have said he was unlucky, Saxo fucked up. Neither him or Kreuziger changed from their road bike to their TT bike, and I think they were the only ones out of the GC contenders not to change.

If it was because of the rain on the descent then perhaps Sky might deserve a bit of credit for tasking a chance by changing Froome's bike. Not that anyone here will do that of course.

Porte for the win tomorrow, just to wind everyone up even more.

So it was OK for Froome to take risks on the descent today by changing his bike, but yesterday Contador taking risks on the descent was bang out of order(at least in Froome`s eyes).

Anyhow, the descent of the Sarenne looks hairy, pity Nibali isn`t here.

http://vimeo.com/70139351

Edited by Desert Nomad

So it was OK for Froome to take risks on the descent today by changing his bike, but yesterday Contador taking risks on the descent was bang out of order(at least in Froome`s eyes).

Good shout, well made and I agree with you.

I guess you could say that Froome falling under his own steam is different than being taken out by Contador. In fact, if you were paranoid enough, you could argue that Saxo might order Kreuziger to fall in front of Froome to take him out and let Contador win.

To be honest, that's actually not too different to some of the other pish being bandied about these days, is it?

If they go over the top of d'uez in a bunch, someone is going to fucking killed going down that.