Procycling thread

myshkin

Froome has 3.25 on Valverde. He could probably get 10 by Paris. I think he'll ride defensively and hammer them all again in the second ITT. If it wasn't finished before, it is now.

definitely.

we won't see another max effort from him. the rest of the tour is going to be a borefest, contador won't race for second.

i've read that sky have his official weight at 68kg and that is what all the sites are using to calculate his power outputs but they said at the dauphine as well and he is visibily thinner than a month ago.

if you think he weighs the same as tony martin you need your eyes tested.

definitely.

we won't see another max effort from him. the rest of the tour is going to be a borefest, contador won't race for second.

As far as the rest go, they'd be as well racing for second and just ignoring Froome as best they can. Quintana still has white to ride for and I'm sure he'd love a stage. Big losers today are Valverde and especially Contador. These guys are winners in their own right and whether they are motivated to ride for a Tour podium place a country mile behind the winner I'm not sure.

Boardman and co trying to spin the rest of the race out as best they can by completely ignoring the fact Froome will put another 2 mins into the climbers in the final ITT.

I was surprised by his weight loss from last year, it's noticeably visible on his upper arms - for someone who already has a well oiled and extremely efficient metabolism that is quite a change. I don't think this makes him a doper, that's not my point, maybe he is for all I know. Would there be a training plan that says lose weight, don't worry what you lose in power you gain more from pulling your lighter frame about? These guys ain't exactly got a lot of body fat to start with.

I was surprised by his weight loss from last year, it's noticeably visible on his upper arms - for someone who already has a well oiled and extremely efficient metabolism that is quite a change. I don't think this makes him a doper, that's not my point, maybe he is for all I know. Would there be a training plan that says lose weight, don't worry what you lose in power you gain more from pulling your lighter frame about? These guys ain't exactly got a lot of body fat to start with.

the theory is that they are using new drugs called aicar and gw1516 which allow users to shed weight whilst retaining power.

it is more than slightly suspicious that these new drugs have popped up just when froome becomes a bag of bones and utterly dominant.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Tour this year been too busy but have been following it.

TSAR, if you and a bunch of guys from internet forums think Froome (and others I'd imagine) are taking AICAR and other drugs surely someone in authority in cycling has suspicions as well and could do something about it? I'm not saying you are wrong but surely people involved in cycling realise that if this continues then it could kill the sport. Imagine the impact if Team Sky were found to be behaving in the same way as US Postal?

I also read an article that said there are now tests for AICAR and gw1516, although obvious circumventing tests can be done - just look at all of the dopers who 'never failed a drug test'.

Can't really bring myself to watch the cycling anymore but I flicked over between races at Yarmouth and Lingfield yesterday and caught a bit of that freaky weirdo Froome (only a few minutes mind). That was enough for me.

I would like to think he will be caught sooner rather than later but it's impossible to have any faith in the testing procedures so are probably looking at years down the line before they catch up.

gazzetta della sport estimate that froome put out 18 percent more power than valverde or contador in the TT.

Ridiculous.

& would you believe so did Tony Martin?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Pie & Bovril mobile app