Procycling thread

myshkin

But what damage would actually be done to a huge corporation like Sky if one of their riders actually got caught? They'd spin it, blame/pay off the individual, and carry on making loadsa money.

I wasn't referring to News Corp though. It's the people involved in the team like Brailsford who are also closely linked to British Cycling who would have lots to lose. Not to mention British Cycling itself would probably be fucked by association.

the argument that wouldn't cheat because they have too to lose is stupid. It's more likely that the track dominance is ped fuelled as well.

Eh. sorry but I need more that just assuming that everyone is guilty. Take it you can't answer the question about WADA etc holding on to blood samples then?

I wasn't referring to News Corp though. It's the people involved in the team like Brailsford who are also closely linked to British Cycling who would have lots to lose. Not to mention British Cycling itself would probably be fucked by association.

Eh. sorry but I need more that just assuming that everyone is guilty. Take it you can't answer the question about WADA etc holding on to blood samples then?

how often do samples actually get retested? who have you heard of being banned for a retroactive test? if wada were serious about retesting they could have banned half the peloton for using CERA in 2007.

That was quality from Dan Martin. Excellent riding. I reckon he's Garmin's man for leading at Grand Tours now. 

His win in Liege-Bastogne-Liege was tremendous earlier in the year.

Posted Image

Nice to see the paisley panda making an appearance at this year's tour

I fucking despise ITV's coverage. Liggett has called Qintana "Quintero" about 5 time thus far.

Sherwen. "And I highly doubt Movistar will attack anytime soon." Quintana attacks about a minute later. "Ah, you knew that attack was coming".

f**k off.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

how often do samples actually get retested? who have you heard of being banned for a retroactive test? if wada were serious about retesting they could have banned half the peloton for using CERA in 2007.

...That was the question I was asking. Is it possible? I presume it is because didn't Jalabert get busted recently on a decade old sample? In which case you'd hope it'd happen more often. But I guess the UCI don't want it for obvious reasons, & WADA probably feel they have enough to go on with with keeping up with current samples. But I can't speak to that.

Watching the two Pyrenean stages, I'm convinced Sky have illness in their ranks. Lopez has been shelled out the back, on the first climb, both days. Day 1 Froome only had support from 3 team mates & yesterday Porter shipped 10 mins.

Going by their performances over the last year or so, it looks glaringly obvious that there's something up & both he & Brailsford were sandbagging in their interviews.

Lucky that they've the rest day.

Oh, & Ligget's a plonker.

Did Obree never break the hour record?

To back up my argument, I see Kiryenka was excluded on his finishing time, a noted climber.

Sent from Spain on my handmedown HTC Wildfire using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by kiddy

Watching the two Pyrenean stages, I'm convinced Sky have illness in their ranks. Lopez has been shelled out the back, on the first climb, both days. Day 1 Froome only had support from 3 team mates & yesterday Porter shipped 10 mins. Going by their performances over the last year or so, it looks glaringly obvious that there's something up & both he & Brailsford were sandbagging in their interviews. Lucky that they've the rest day. Oh, & Ligget's a plonker. Did Obree never break the hour record? Sent from Spain on my handmedown HTC Wildfire using Pie & Bovril mobile app

And if other teams have got wind of it, it would explain the all out attacks yesterday of Garmin & Movistar. Probably fortunate that the race doesn`t hit the hills again until next weekend.

If any of you folks have smartphones, I`d recommend downloading the Tour Tracker app by Cyclingnews. Bang up to date, with all the facts, figures, route details of the race.

a pr masterstroke by brailsford.

He would have been shitting himself at froome and porte going insane on saturday but now they have changed the narrative to one of the team being weak.

On ax3 porte shredded the gc riders then toyed with quintana then rode away with a big smile on his face. On sunday he is apparently dead and couldn't bridge to the leaders despite jens voight and other middle if the pack guys making it. Everytime the cameras were on him he looked like he was out for a fun ride, not someone toiling or fighting for a podium place. Bullshit.

David Walsh all over Cavendish for causing that crash, one wonders if he`d be so outspoken had Cav still been riding for Sky? <_<

FWIW I think Cav did butt into the Shimano guy, but he also shifted off his line at high speed. I don`t think Cav will bother if he`s relegated in the sprint with the green jersey being beyond him now.

Cav showing his usual petulance post-race, nabbing a daft journo`s tape recorder after he asked him if the crash was his fault :lol:

David Walsh all over Cavendish for causing that crash, one wonders if he`d be so outspoken had Cav still been riding for Sky? <_<

FWIW I think Cav did butt into the Shimano guy, but he also shifted off his line at high speed. I don`t think Cav will bother if he`s relegated in the sprint with the green jersey being beyond him now.

Cav showing his usual petulance post-race, nabbing a daft journo`s tape recorder after he asked him if the crash was his fault :lol:

I don't think it was entirely Cav's fault. It looked like he was trying to skip onto the next wheel, but looked like Veelers was peeling off right instead of left.

Cav only shouldered him to counterbalance veering his bike off to the right.

It's racing, I don't think the commissaires will get too heavily involved.

I don't think it was entirely Cav's fault. It looked like he was trying to skip onto the next wheel, but looked like Veelers was peeling off right instead of left.

Cav only shouldered him to counterbalance veering his bike off to the right.

It's racing, I don't think the commissaires will get too heavily involved.

It`s already been confirmed he won`t be relegated. There`s been far worse in Tour sprints over the years, remember this? :o

ETA: from 19 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRCWIBHoAc4&list=PL6001B361B516D074&feature=player_detailpage#t=1131s

Edited by Desert Nomad

a pr masterstroke by brailsford.

He would have been shitting himself at froome and porte going insane on saturday but now they have changed the narrative to one of the team being weak.

On ax3 porte shredded the gc riders then toyed with quintana then rode away with a big smile on his face. On sunday he is apparently dead and couldn't bridge to the leaders despite jens voight and other middle if the pack guys making it. Everytime the cameras were on him he looked like he was out for a fun ride, not someone toiling or fighting for a podium place. Bullshit.

Saw that theory on the BBC live text basically saying that Porte made Movistar do what sky wanted by pushing them to push the pace on..

Not sure I believe that. Froome marked the guys he had to, his teammates bombed after a previous hard day.

Time trial on Wednesday should add to Froome's time advantage, can't see him being beaten, although a shortish course so he won't build up too much of a lead. Would only get interesting if it rained.

Saw that theory on the BBC live text basically saying that Porte made Movistar do what sky wanted by pushing them to push the pace on..

Not sure I believe that. Froome marked the guys he had to, his teammates bombed after a previous hard day.

Time trial on Wednesday should add to Froome's time advantage, can't see him being beaten, although a shortish course so he won't build up too much of a lead. Would only get interesting if it rained.

With it being a relatively flat course, which isn't very technical I'd put money on Tony Martin to win the stage. Froome will leather time into his GC rivals though.

Paul Sherwan going on about the remarkable high cadence that Froome peddles with. Exactly what he said about Armstrong for years.

Get onto Eurosport, man! I can't hack the ITV commentary on the live coverage.

Also, Froome quicker than Martin? It'll be interesting to see if this sticks.