Procycling thread

myshkin

Not sure if ITV4 are doing it, it's live on Eurosport, wi Sky also doing highlights.

Cheers, I checked ITV4 and they don't seem to have any coverage. Sounds like it's not on freeview.

I believe they have the rights but have chosen not to cover it. :(

That's a bit pish. It wouldn't take much to have a basic highlights package, like they had for the Vuelta last year.

Hesjedal posting a big warning that he's feeling good, today, & won't be intimidated by Nibali's descending ability.

Attacked on the final 3rd cat climb today then put the hammer down on a tricky descent.

Scarponi the only one caught out shipping 45 secs to the main contenders, Evans picking up 12 secs bonus for 2nd & Hesjedal 8 in 3rd.

Stage winner Paolini in pink 17 secs from Wiggo in 2nd.,

Edited by kiddy

the eurosport commentators are hopeless. what a balls up with nibali.

wiggins dropping serious time and is going to be in front of all his rivals in the time trial. he's outside the top 20.

i think eurosports commentators are pretty good,sean kelly especially:certainly compared to the jingoistic drivel the freeview viewers have to put up with when ITV4 deign to cover the races

wiggins seems to be back on a normal performance level after being inspired by the olympics last year.

he lost time on the technical section and made it back on the head down part. i still see him losing time to evans, hydelsal, scarponi and maybe nibali.

wiggins has ended up in second place. it'll be interesting to hear why he was so bad at the start.

great ride from nibali who moves into pink. good rides from evans, nibali, scarponi and gesink as well. a bad day for hysdejal. it's perfectly poised.

wiggins has ended up in second place. it'll be interesting to hear why he was so bad at the start.

great ride from nibali who moves into pink. good rides from evans, nibali, scarponi and gesink as well. a bad day for hysdejal. it's perfectly poised.

It's the way he's ridden TTs for the last while. He's usually way down on the pack over the first part of the course, only to reel it back in over the second part. I believe he was 16 seconds down in the Olympic TT at the first split.

Over the rest of this Giro I'd guess Sky will leave Astana to do the pulling up the climbs as it's their jersey to protect. But once Astana have burned most of their resources we'll see Sky come to the front and do their usual tactic of getting onto the front and driving a pace so hard that no one can really attack. It'll be interesting to see if Wiggo goes on the attack as it's something he's not known for. He known for prolonged efforts of riding right on the line rather than explosive attacking.

Looking forward to the uphill TT on stage 18. Lake Garda is a beautiful part of the world.

Managed to limit things today, despite his bad luck continuing (puncturing & having to use his spare road bike) in the ITT.

Considering after yesterday he was sitting 22nd, he's now 6th. Only 1.16 behind Nibali.

Whilst he's obviously at a disadvantage to the other contenders in the wet. His ability to keep his head when all around are losing theirs is impressive.

Both Hesjedal & Evans have been trying like bears to gain time, on the likes of Wiggo, & the latter's only 45 secs in front of him whilst the former trails hi by the same margin.

Having thought his challenge was under severe pressure yesterday, I think he's manoeuvred himself into good position, remembering there's still two weeks to race.

Managed to limit things today, despite his bad luck continuing (puncturing & having to use his spare road bike) in the ITT.

Considering after yesterday he was sitting 22nd, he's now 6th. Only 1.16 behind Nibali.

Whilst he's obviously at a disadvantage to the other contenders in the wet. His ability to keep his head when all around are losing theirs is impressive.

Both Hesjedal & Evans have been trying like bears to gain time, on the likes of Wiggo, & the latter's only 45 secs in front of him whilst the former trails hi by the same margin.

Having thought his challenge was under severe pressure yesterday, I think he's manoeuvred himself into good position, remembering there's still two weeks to race.

I'd say he's in a comfortable position. See if him and his team can crack Nibali on the climbs, then try and batter time into him on the ITT.

It's the way he's ridden TTs for the last while. He's usually way down on the pack over the first part of the course, only to reel it back in over the second part. I believe he was 16 seconds down in the Olympic TT at the first split.

Over the rest of this Giro I'd guess Sky will leave Astana to do the pulling up the climbs as it's their jersey to protect. But once Astana have burned most of their resources we'll see Sky come to the front and do their usual tactic of getting onto the front and driving a pace so hard that no one can really attack. It'll be interesting to see if Wiggo goes on the attack as it's something he's not known for. He known for prolonged efforts of riding right on the line rather than explosive attacking.

Looking forward to the uphill TT on stage 18. Lake Garda is a beautiful part of the world.

astana will let a break go tomorrow. there will be plenty of takers for the jersey.

wiggins has never dropped nibali on a climb on his life. it's his giro to lose.

forgot about that. my only memory of that day is froome riding one handed waiting for sir brad which let piti win.

vino managed nibali looks strong and the roads ahead are steep. wiggins has attacked in the giro once in his life and it didn't go well.

If Sky had any sense they would make Henao the team leader now rather than anchor him on that miserable p***ks front wheel.

The last time a knight of the realm worked for someone from the 3rd world would have been Mark Thatcher on one of his ill fated military ventures so it's not going to happen.

Brailsford must be raging that he sacked paracetamol distributor Gert Leinders. What a dreadful mistake. At least they still have their comfy pillows.

The Shark looks pretty strong with Tiralongo, Kessiakoff, Kangert and Agnoli all defending now that it goes uphill. Cadel looks a bit isolated unfortunately but good to see him back.

Dupont and Pozzovivo to win stages and keep up their good start to the season.

If Sky had any sense they would make Henao the team leader now rather than anchor him on that miserable p***ks front wheel.

The last time a knight of the realm worked for someone from the 3rd world would have been Mark Thatcher on one of his ill fated military ventures so it's not going to happen.

Brailsford must be raging that he sacked paracetamol distributor Gert Leinders. What a dreadful mistake. At least they still have their comfy pillows.

The Shark looks pretty strong with Tiralongo, Kessiakoff, Kangert and Agnoli all defending now that it goes uphill. Cadel looks a bit isolated unfortunately but good to see him back.

Dupont and Pozzovivo to win stages and keep up their good start to the season.

Why would they change leader now to someone further down the GC?

They will stick with Wiggins, but it's going to be a tough ask for him to win the overall. But there's still 2 weeks racing and the proper mountains are still to come.

Why would they change leader now to someone further down the GC?

They will stick with Wiggins, but it's going to be a tough ask for him to win the overall. But there's still 2 weeks racing and the proper mountains are still to come.

Because Henao isn't getting dropped & isn't making Andy Schleck look like a confident rider on descents? Wiggins just looks totally devoid of self-belief.