Procycling thread

myshkin

Tough conditions in the Basque Country today, but a huge swathe of riders didn`t finish, including Gilbert, Hesjedal & Van Garderen. But probably more importantly Andy Schleck who doesn`t seem to be getting much racing in his legs at all, and when he does, he`s lagging badly, got to be a concern for the summer, even at this relatively early stage.

What about Porte for one of Fleche, Liege or Amstel?

Andy's already ruled himself out for the Tour this summer. Although that said, L-B-L & the Tour de France are really the only 2 races that he really goes all out for. Which makes judging how recovered he is a bit hard. It was promising seeing him try to get into the break the other day, even if it didn't come off in the end.

i'm starting to think that brailsford is trolling the world.

1-2-3 in the tour. this is going to be hilarious.

Don't know anything about that, but given how good Porte is looking this season, & the depth they seem to have in their squad, could they be looking at the three Grand Tours with different winners (Wigo-Giro, Froome-Tour & Porte-Vuelta)?

Also seems Sagan caused a bit of a stooshie at the Tour of Flanders podium.

Sagan apologises ahead of Brabantsa Pijl

post-21367-13655913589574_thumb.jpg

dani moreno won fleche wallone.

not much happened until the final climb of the mur. bettancuer attacked early which seemed to force sagan and gilbert to over exert themselves and moreno came through looking exactly his team mate j-rod.

Another bit of a surprise at Fleche Wallone as Dani Moreno gets the win, with the Columbians again on form to complete the podium.

Gilbert made the race today, but didn't have the legs to crack them. Perhaps surprising he rode so aggressively if he wasn't feeling too great, then picked off with ease in the end.

Another great ride from Dan Martin who ended up fourth despite mechanical issues.

Liege looks hugely interesting now.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Interesting finish in todays Trentino, Sitsou of Sky taking the stage, but Wiggo looked in decent form pegging back Nibali on the final climb by riding at his own tempo.

Sky looked very good today and yesterday in the TTT. Wiggo has got pegging his rivals back down to an art these days, he can't go with explosive attacks but he can tap out a rhythm which drags it back slowly. He looks like a good bet for the Giro on this form.

And once again Lance Armstrong is back in the headlines. With it now being confirmed that the UCI covered up 4 positive corticosteroid tests in 1999. Hein Verbruggen must surely be called out to answer to this. He and McQuaid are as bad as each other over this whole debacle.

Sky looked very good today and yesterday in the TTT. Wiggo has got pegging his rivals back down to an art these days, he can't go with explosive attacks but he can tap out a rhythm which drags it back slowly. He looks like a good bet for the Giro on this form.

And once again Lance Armstrong is back in the headlines. With it now being confirmed that the UCI covered up 4 positive corticosteroid tests in 1999. Hein Verbruggen must surely be called out to answer to this. He and McQuaid are as bad as each other over this whole debacle.

they've cleaned up cycling and delivered two clean winners of the tour de france in a row (as well as a decade of clean as a whistle track racing)

heroes both.

Hoy, you can't make up baseless insinuations about track racing like that!

Could Wiggo nip the win tomorrow? He took 2mins+ out of Bouet yesterday. Might be tight, especially with Niballi ready to pounce if he cracks.

Edited by kiddy

Do you like anyone in any sport at all by the way? Seen you slagging the first Motherwell player to hit double figures in the SPL ever the other week.

john spencer is a wee w**k but i don't recall mentioning him recently?

i like a great many sportsmen including quite a few drug cheats. i've no time for hypocrites however.

john spencer is a wee w**k but i don't recall mentioning him recently?

i like a great many sportsmen including quite a few drug cheats. i've no time for hypocrites however.

In all seriousness, you don't seem to like anyone.

All you do is slate every player from the best Motherwell team there's been in years, And every successful athlete in the world.

I'd be surprised if you didn't skelp the wife for making a brilliant dinner.

All you do is slate every player from the best Motherwell team there's been in years, And every successful athlete in the world.

i'm a big fan of randolph, hateley, hutchy and law. i consider lasley and hammell all time legends. btw the 07/08 team was better.

i'm a big fan of randolph, hateley, hutchy and law. i consider lasley and hammell all time legends. btw the 07/08 team was better.

I said in years. It's currently 2013. I make that 5 years give or take.