Procycling thread

myshkin

Wiggins confirms that the Giro is his top target this year. If Contador goes for the Giro I can see Wiggins rapidly changing that particular statement, and Froome will one again be lieutenant at the Tour.

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-confirms-the-giro-ditalia-as-his-major-goal-of-2013

Geraint Thomas looked decent in winning in a break away at the Tour Down Under. Apparently Gilbert went down with about 15 others 4-5km from the end, but god forbidden Liggett & Sherwin mention what's happening to one of the pre-race favourites.

Picked my team, is anyone else joining this league?

Sounds good, I just don't have the time however, I can barely keep my Fantasy Premier League team in check.

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/ex-pro-arrested-in-dope-ring-sting-in-spain

:lol: I wonder if he was supplying the riders at the dope control with masking agents?

1358954641[/url]' post='7009618']

Sounds good, I just don't have the time however, I can barely keep my Fantasy Premier League team in check.

http://m.cyclingnews...-sting-in-spain

:lol: I wonder if he was supplying the riders at the dope control with masking agents?

Spain never disappoints. The Fuentes trial starts next week but they have barred discussion of any sport but cycling. There must be a fair few footballers and tennis players happy about that.

The sky commentator has just described Thomas as a future tour winner! Why not, autobus to the yellow jersey is the done thing nowadays.

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/ex-pro-arrested-in-dope-ring-sting-in-spain

"Ex-pro arrested in dope ring sting in Spain"

Must have been some hoorna spicy chorizo.

1359119809[/url]' post='7015775']

Ashenden weighs in and says he's still a lying fucker, but more surprisingly Wiggins has changed tact again, hmmm....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/s...ycling/21195249

Vaughters suggesting on twitter that wiggins knew in 2009 exactly what lance was al about from him, cvv and dz. it would be interesting to see him questioned on his relationship with Armstrong and the timeline of him realising the seven tours were drug fuelled. It's clear that he was publicly praising Armstrong when he knew he was a doper and that he abused floyd for telling the truth when again he knew it was true (same goes for David miller)

Also there was a big piece in the times today about tennis having a joke of a drug testing program. It's interesting that Harman has written this piece now about the lack of blood tests and loser targeted testing when the Thasp blog made all this info public a year ago, possibly editorial pressure. It appears the blinkers are off, the first time I mentioned doping and tennis on here people were queuing up to say that tennis players wouldn't benefit from peds but there seems to be greater awareness now.

Also the Fuentes trial starts on Monday which is likely to be a whitewash but still interesting.

the Fuentes trial starts on Monday which is likely to be a whitewash but still interesting.

Could you see the Spaniards countenancing handing back the 2x Euro Champs & WC wins, never mind shinning a torch that great Barca side.

1359142856[/url]' post='7016939']

Could you see the Spaniards countenancing handing back the 2x Euro Champs & WC wins, never mind shinning a torch that great Barca side.

The only way it happens is if somebody in on it turns out to be as much as a loose cannon as landis or makes a play for a book deal like Tyler Hamilton.

Europeans in general seem to be much more reliable cheats than yanks. There is no chance of any of Bertie's boys - Navarro, Hernandez, Noval, tiralongo. Paulinho - ever turning on him and for all that they are dispicable there is something strangely admirable about the way that Ferrari and Bruyneel have a 100% unwavering commitment to cheating. Lance must kick himself every time he thinks about bringing a Mennonite on board.

Ashenden weighs in and says he's still a lying fucker, but more surprisingly Wiggins has changed tact again, hmmm....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/21195249

does anyone actually believe anything said by wiggins,brailsford or sky?well,apart from the folks who insisted that the seven times TDF winner from 99-05 was the only guy riding clean in the peleton at the time?

Frank Schleck has been banned for a year for his failed drugs test in 2012. Buzzin to see who else gets found out

Saw on Twitter this morning that Michael Rasmussen is expected to name names to WADA. And aye, don't think I'd be surprised if Schleck doesn't end up with a longer suspension

Saw on Twitter this morning that Michael Rasmussen is expected to name names to WADA.

it could be an uncomfortable afternoon for contador and cadel evans.

it's going to be difficult to explain how they kept up with rasmussen reasonably well when he was gorging on epo, test and transfusions.