Procycling thread

myshkin

Well they obviously are all UCI approved before they can be used in competition. But different countries have different sponsors.

Same with road cycling teams e.g. Team Sky use Pinarello, Garmin use Cervelo, Europcar use Colnago etc.

on the road you are supposed to use bikes that are available to buy commercially, sky cheat a bit by building their own bikes and having a link to them on their website where they will sell you one for £25,000.

track teams build their own equipment which diminishes the athletic achievement imo. if everyone used the same bikes and helmets you could be sure the best man won.

on the road you are supposed to use bikes that are available to buy commercially, sky cheat a bit by building their own bikes and having a link to them on their website where they will sell you one for £25,000.

track teams build their own equipment which diminishes the athletic achievement imo. if everyone used the same bikes and helmets you could be sure the best man won.

Sky don't cheat at all in that respect. Sky's bikes are the Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 which is available here. While their time trial bike is the Pinarello Graal which is available here.

Wiggins rode a UK Sport/Innovation TT bike at the Olympics, which you can read about here.

Another Italian sacrificed on the bonfire of Ferrari, Scarponi suspended by Lampre after he admitted to working with the shamed - and more importantly already banned and blacklisted in Italy - doping enabler. He seems to want his ban out the way pronto, a bit like Pozzato did after the Giro.

Another Italian sacrificed on the bonfire of Ferrari, Scarponi suspended by Lampre after he admitted to working with the shamed - and more importantly already banned and blacklisted in Italy - doping enabler. He seems to want his ban out the way pronto, a bit like Pozzato did after the Giro.

That's what makes a farce of things. Scarponi actually got handed a Giro victory after Contadors beef ban. Who's next? Andy Schleck? Cancellara? Gilbert? Cunego? They could all be implicated somewhere down the line.

Edited by Desert Nomad

That's what makes a farce of things. Scarponi actually got handed a Giro victory after Contadors beef ban. Who's next? Andy Schleck? Cancellara? Gilbert? Cunego? They could all be implicated somewhere down the line.

cycling's been clean since 2009.

wiggins, millar and cavendish say so dry.gif

Believed to have suffered broken ribs and heavy bruising on his arm and hand.

From the sounds of it it's some dozy bint has pulled out of a petrol station without looking.

I heard she jumped out in front of him, on the road home from a belated Halloween party. Was wearing devil horns & carrying a trident! :lol:

I was at the UCI World Cup on Friday night (so technically yesterday). A good night, a decent atmosphere - although it's only my first trip to a track cycling event - and some good entertainment.

It was good to see GB get a couple of golds and a silver. The Danes had a good race as well in the final of the Men Team Pursuit, they lapped the Germans.

After watching the Olympics, and now this, I'm hooked on to the track cycling :lol: I might try and get tickets for the Revolution Series in February, when it comes to Glasgow.

I was at the UCI World Cup on Friday night (so technically yesterday). A good night, a decent atmosphere - although it's only my first trip to a track cycling event - and some good entertainment.

It was good to see GB get a couple of golds and a silver. The Danes had a good race as well in the final of the Men Team Pursuit, they lapped the Germans.

After watching the Olympics, and now this, I'm hooked on to the track cycling :lol: I might try and get tickets for the Revolution Series in February, when it comes to Glasgow.

I was there last night as well. Was a great way to spend a Friday night.

The Men's team pursuit final was a good ride by the Danes, and an absolute horror of a ride by the Germans. Dropped man 4 far too early, then man 3 dropped as well.

It was good fun, and Jess Varnish is a wee piece :wub: .

Already got my tickets for the Revolution series, and I'm looking at going to get accredited for a go on the velodrome myself :D .

• 2 weeks later...

rogers to saxo.

much like sean yates he has never been involved in doping but he's leaving anyway.

saxo-tinkoff tour team? contador, hernandez, noval, navarro, paulinho, anker-sorensen, roche, rogers, morkov

Edited by T_S_A_R