Procycling thread

myshkin

Todays stage was well worth the watching, purely for the bonkers 22% gradients.

Cotaldo won the stage in what just about became the slowest sprint finish ever. :lol::lol::lol: His legs must have felt like they were going to explode.

When you saw the state both he & De Gent were in & then J-Rod, Bertie & Valverde arrived a minute & ½ later, yet had been able to fcuk about, again. It just goes to show how ridiculous it's becoming.

That last wee kick up to the finish was pushing 24-25%. Cotaldo looked like he could barely get the pedals to go round!

Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to get the wheels turning on a gradient like that. I'd just flop onto my side in a puddle of sweat, failure and embarassment :lol:.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to get the wheels turning on a gradient like that. I'd just flop onto my side in a puddle of sweat, failure and embarassment :lol:.

There was a video on a Spanish website I saw on twitter of a SPanish journalist riding the final climb and he ground to a halt and had to get off his bike around 2km from the end.

Edited by ICTChris

There was a video on a Spanish website I saw on twitter of a SPanish journalist riding the final climb and he ground to a halt and had to get off his bike around 2km from the end.

Any linkage, as that WOULD be worth seeing.

Is today a flat stage or another mountain? It'l be interesting to see if Froome manages to recover much over the rest day. I think we may see him quite agressive to try get back on the podium. He might as well. Either he has got some of his legs back or he hasn't, only one way to fin out and thats to attack.

Genius tactic from Contador to be honest. Rodriguez must also be gutted he has had to drag 2 of the Saxo Bank boys all the way with him, he's now down to 3rd.

Froome is well and truly cooked.

jesus hernandez giving out fist pumps as they crossed the line wouldn't have helped matters. i'm already excited to see the mountain goats versus the power meter mob in the tour next year. i would imagine brailsford will move uran and haneo into the tour squad for a bit more climbing ability as well stepping up his efforts to bomb out cav.

noticed tiralongo paying contador back for the gifted stage in last year's giro by putting in a bit of work in for him. i like seeing things like that.

jesus hernandez giving out fist pumps as they crossed the line wouldn't have helped matters. i'm already excited to see the mountain goats versus the power meter mob in the tour next year. i would imagine brailsford will move uran and haneo into the tour squad for a bit more climbing ability as well stepping up his efforts to bomb out cav.

noticed tiralongo paying contador back for the gifted stage in last year's giro by putting in a bit of work in for him. i like seeing things like that.

Watching it on playback off that spanish feed just now & Tiralongo was taking bottles fi the Saxo team car. :lol:

The ease with which they just rode off the front of the breakaway was simply astonishing.

He managed to turn it into another 30+k time trial. Saxo's tactics coming off perfectly with an anchor man on both Valverde & J-Rod.

A complete disaster for J-Rod & Katusha.

I still think Contador will try & do the Giro Tour double next year, then retire.

Edited by kiddy

Watching it on playback off that spanish feed just now & Tiralongo was taking bottles fi the Saxo team car. :lol:

The ease with which they just rode off the front of the breakaway was simply astonishing.

He managed to turn it into another 30+k time trial. Saxo's tactics coming off perfectly with an anchor man on both Valverde & J-Rod.

It looks like JR had a real off day, but great stuff from Bertie and Valverde ! After a pretty ordinary TDF, this has been a superb watch. :)

It looks like JR had a real off day, but great stuff from Bertie and Valverde ! After a pretty ordinary TDF, this has been a superb watch. :)

its been a great watch.people are naturally cynical about drugs use,its to be expected in cycling.if they are doping at least theyre entertaining us; i find wiggins very suspicious and if he is cheating its unforgivable hes so utterly boring to watch

Excellent race again this year. Felt really bad for Purito, can only assume Bertie's rest day was much more 'fulfilling' as I just couldn't see Purito losing it.

Sadly the Tour de France has dropped to the bottom of my grand tour list now. The Giro has always been my favourite and the Vuelta just seems to get better as they find these new routes (although Bertie being in it certainly helped this year).

Tour de France centenary next year and it will be interesting to see what the ASO will do to try and inject a bit of life into it. Being greedy I would say get them uphill a lot earlier and vastly cut down the time trialing but that's probably a forlorn hope.

They have to do something though because when you compare the excitement of this year's Tour to the other two it's a no contest.

Excellent race again this year. Felt really bad for Purito, can only assume Bertie's rest day was much more 'fulfilling' as I just couldn't see Purito losing it.

Sadly the Tour de France has dropped to the bottom of my grand tour list now. The Giro has always been my favourite and the Vuelta just seems to get better as they find these new routes (although Bertie being in it certainly helped this year).

Tour de France centenary next year and it will be interesting to see what the ASO will do to try and inject a bit of life into it. Being greedy I would say get them uphill a lot earlier and vastly cut down the time trialing but that's probably a forlorn hope.

They have to do something though because when you compare the excitement of this year's Tour to the other two it's a no contest.

#

The last 3 TDF have been, dare I say, shite. Certainly from an excitement point of view. The Tour organisers need to set something big up for next year. This years Vuelta has probably been my favourite grand tour for a number of years, thrilling stuff.

Cav crashes with 1km to go as Sky wound up the sprint!!!! Farrar down too I think. Nae luck. Farrar clipped Cavs front wheel I think. The crash was in the front 5 or 6 riders so big time gaps here.

Heavy crash, Cav hit the deck very hard and a few others come down with him.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7