Procycling thread

myshkin

this is extremely disapointing but i don't think he's gotten away with it yet.

if i'm reading it correctly both parties have to present any evidence to the other side before hand so the science or statistics can be scrutinised properly. it's still a crock of shite and the uci will no doubt be glad it's going to happen in the off season. it's better they do it this way than the farcical way the oscar pistorious CAS hearing was heard.

i was planning a doping in sport thread after the verdict as well. :(

Interesting to note the CAS ruling on the Positive Test of Brazilian Swimmer Cesar Ceilo Filho

Similar outcome for AC you think?

Has anyone seen any footage of the Clasica San Sebastian? Another victory for Gilbert who is def on the way to cementing his status as one of the greatest one-day racers ever.

Any coverage of the Tour of Poland today?

Cav at the BBC most of today.

1007: CYCLING - Tour de France green jersey winner Mark Cavendish told BBC Breakfast earlier that his desire for perfection is what separates him from his competitors. The first Briton to be crowned the famous race's best sprinter also said he is determined to win a gold medal at the London 2012 Olympics

1031: CYCLING - Winner of the green jersey at the 2011 Tour de France, Mark Cavendish, on BBC Radio 5 live: "As a commitment to my profession, the Olympics can't be at the forefront for me. But as a British person, it's a massive deal." Caller Lance in Scotland asks the golden question. Are you joining Team Sky? "There's been a lot of rumours. I can't say anything, just yet. I want to go to the best place that will help me win, and that might be the team that I am at. You don't know. But I have decided. It was on Saturday in a hotel room in Eindhoven. I'm 100% happy with my decision."

Yip, much the same as I expect Armstrong to get away with it.

He did get away with it. Check out his bank balance.

Incidentally what a wonderful series of pictures posted above. That one of Ten Daam is just gruesome. The one of Voeckler sums up the whole three weeks. Magic stuff.

Tweet from Bradley Wiggins:-

So I guess we see his priorities...

another quote from BW,got this from last weeks cycling weekly:"just heard eddy the boss won either today or yesterday.congrats mate"

i assume this refers to EBHs win in the last week,am i unreasonable at being utterly shocked at wiggins blase and obviously disinterested attitude as to how his teammates were doing at athe tour where he was team leader before he crashed out(teammates he would have expected to bury themselves for him in that same last week had he still been in contention)

So early signs are the Vuelta line-up is looking pretty damn good. For the overall there is Anton, J-Rod, Nibali, Scarponi, Menchov, Wiggins. Other animators could include Sagan, Roche, Sastre, Nieve. Fabio Duarte is a complete wildcard and could be a huge asset to Menchov/Sastre. Be interesting to see how Dan Martin goes for Garmin after missing out on TDF selection. Not convinced Wiggins can do much better than top 10, as the punchy last week could undo him, but we`ll see!

Cav & Farrar for the sprints as well. Cav going for wins in all three GT`s in a single year, not sure how many riders have achieved that before, anybody know?

Edit: only been done three times before; Miguel Poblet(1956), Pierino Baffi(1958), Alessandro Petacchi(2003)

Edited by Desert Nomad

From the Guardian..

Mark Cavendish's switch to Team Sky more likely after HTC-Highroad team confirms this season is their last gu.com/p/3x3x9/tw via @guardian

TweetDeck • 04/08/2011 21:25

From Cav on twitter.

After 5 incredible years, it's heart-breaking to realise my team won't continue next year. My statement on my website bit.ly/omSQ4p

Bit of cycling history gone too as Cav's team were the Telekom and T-Mobile outfit in the past.

Edited by chico

Hushovd to BMC for next season & strong rumours Gilbert heading there too.

9 days & counting til La Vuelta.

Hushovd has thus been dropped from Garmin`s Vuelta team, & is not happy!

Good news for those who don`t have Eurosport access, ITV4 to show live coverage & a highlights package at 7pm, ala the Tour de France.

http://www.touchline...1-tour-of-spain

Edit: Cav`s right hand man to Rabobank click

Somehow doubt Cav will go there, be interesting to see who he manages to replace Renshaw with...

Edited by Desert Nomad

Hushovd has thus been dropped from Garmin`s Vuelta team, & is not happy!

Good news for those who don`t have Eurosport access, ITV4 to show live coverage & a highlights package at 7pm, ala the Tour de France.

http://www.touchline...1-tour-of-spain

Edit: Cav`s right hand man to Rabobank click

Somehow doubt Cav will go there, be interesting to see who he manages to replace Renshaw with...

Would imagine Cav would maybe try to keep Goss or should he join Sky, they've Bosen-Hagen or Henderson.

The Vuelta is one for the mountain goats this year, even more so than usual.

First show on Betfair has Igor Anton as jolly with Rodriguez, Scarponi, Nibali and Menchov all close up.

None of them can win it.

Anton will fall off at some point.

Rodriguez will never win a grand tour. You can have any price you like with me.

Scarponi I like but rubbish team will cost him.

Nibali I like but he can only grind out mountains. The Spaniards will work him over day after day.

Menchov is too old now and can only follow.

I like Van Den Broeck and Kloden for the win and Kruijswijk for the podium but no bets until we see what team orders are at Radioshack and Rabobank.

Lots of mountain top finishes but....

Stage 8 to San Lorenzo - 1km of 28% ramps

Stage 15 up the Angliru

Look especially brutal.

Wiggo's riding for Sky.

Team:- Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Dario Cioni, Chris Froome, Thomas Lofkvist, Morris Possoni, Ian Stannard, Chris Sutton, Bradley Wiggins & Xabier Zandio.

As much chance a Van den Broeck IMO. But would look to Nibali or Anton as fav's.