Procycling thread

myshkin

57 seconds between Andy and Evans? Might just be me, but Andy will be motivated and determined not to only be in yellow for the TT, I don't think he will loose as much time as people think.

PS. I reckon they tour will be won and lost by no more than 15 seconds.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I really dislike the bumming of Cavendish and Team Sky by ITV4 it's just like the brown nosing Martin Brundell does of Hamilton and Button in F1. Same with the English media when the national side play.

Same mate. The other day one of them was saying "this phenomenal Sky cycling team" I'm sorry WTF? They've won what? Two stages, hardly amazing!

Cavendish is a great sprinter and deserves tremendous credit for all the stages he's won. But he's never going to win a big stage race like Le Tour, Giro, Vuelta etc and as such can never be regarded as one the absolute top cyclists out there. For me winning one mountain top stage to Alpe D'huez beats any number of flat sprints you want to mention. Nothing against Cavendish. Just feel he gets too much attention when in this sort of race he's out the back half the time.

Edited by RedWeb

Cavendish is a great sprinter and deserves tremendous credit for all the stages he's won. But he's never going to win a big stage race like Le Tour, Giro, Vuelta etc and as such can never be regarded as one the absolute top cyclists out there. For me winning one mountain top stage to Alpe D'huez beats any number of flat sprints you want to mention. Nothing against Cavendish. Just feel he gets too much attention when in this sort of race he's out the back half the time.

But-but-but he's British.

That means he has to be the best.