Procycling thread

myshkin

Tomorrow's stage will be interesting, and I'd be very surprised if Voeckler manages to hang on to the maillot jaune. I expect a good stage for Contador and Sanchez.

Tomorrow's stage will be interesting, and I'd be very surprised if Voeckler manages to hang on to the maillot jaune. I expect a good stage for Contador and Sanchez.

if Voeckler can match the GC big names tomorrow, it could be really interesting and throw the pressure back on the schlecks and contador.

Sometimes the peleton can throw up a surprise and quite possibly teams like sky who are after some glory on the day or whatever could mess up things enough early in the stage for to suit Voeckler, a bit of chaos could make it a fantastic day.

I cannot wait for tomorrows (todays) stage. I'm glad I'm doing fuck all tomorrow! :)

Anyway who is everyone's preference to win? At the start I want Andy Schleck to win, no questions. But now I think I'd prefer Sami Sanchez to win, then Schleck. Wouldn't be too upset if Evans, Frank or Tommy V won though, anyone but Contador.

me

I cannot wait for tomorrows (todays) stage. I'm glad I'm doing f**k all tomorrow! :)

Anyway who is everyone's preference to win? At the start I want Andy Schleck to win, no questions. But now I think I'd prefer Sami Sanchez to win, then Schleck. Wouldn't be too upset if Evans, Frank or Tommy V won though, anyone but Contador.

Not Contador and not Evans. Never liked Contador and I just find it hard to like Evans.

Either of the Schlecks or Tommy V wll do me, Voeckler won't though, but a top 10 finish for him is a cracking result. And from the Schelcks I'd prefer Frank to win, but I still reckon Andy will finish above him.

Just watched yesterdays highlights on ITV 4. Is it just me or is Boardman trying to get at something? He keeps saying "There's no doubt about it, Contador has been much better since the rest day". Is he trying to imply something?:lol:

i have no idea what your talking about :P

anyway enjoy contador while you can people, 6 more climbs, a 40km TT and a wee jaunt round paris then it's see ya at the vuelta 2013 bertie :D

quality move from leopard shredding the peloton.

with men up the road i think the schlecks might try and attack on the next climb. they'll be hoping to get down to the two of them and contador on the final ascent.

basso trying to bridge over to the break, a nice aggressive move and probably his only option but i can't see it working.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Finally a meaningful attack from a genuine contender. Although, I fear he may have struck a bit too soon. Maybe he knows he will loose time on the decents and in the TT so he's just went for glory.

Evans looking for help, nobody willing to give it, everybody knows his strength in the Time Trial, 2 minutes now, Schleck winning it right here possibly.

Monfort looks to be going fairly well so he will bury himself here for Andy, or at least Andy will be hoping so. But Andy looks to be going very well here. If he reaches Monfort and he's not keeping the pace either then I wouldn't be surprised if he just went over the top of him too.