Procycling thread

myshkin

latest Tour odds

Well the bookies certainly seem to think it`s a two(one) horse race. Can anybody possibly challenge Schleck or Contador? I really hope so, Contador might just not have the form after the Giro, while Schleck just plain annoys me, I`d much rather see his brother do well. With no real serious effort until stage 12 required, it could just be that Contador can race himself into form.

latest Tour odds

Well the bookies certainly seem to think it`s a two(one) horse race. Can anybody possibly challenge Schleck or Contador? I really hope so, Contador might just not have the form after the Giro, while Schleck just plain annoys me, I`d much rather see his brother do well. With no real serious effort until stage 12 required, it could just be that Contador can race himself into form.

what's the deal if you bet schleck then contador wins but gets stripped at CAS?

latest Tour odds

AC was an absolute monster in the Giro. He looked like he had one of those Cancellara engine bikes. If he's even near that form then the race will be won at Luz Ardiden.

what's the deal if you bet schleck then contador wins but gets stripped at CAS?

You do your dough.

My bets (so far):

For betting purposes I'm ignoring the yellow and the white jerseys. Absolutely zero value in either market.

Green Jersey: Thor Hushovt - Lots of rampy finishes in the flat stages won't suit Cav so he looks value at 8/1 each way. Cav to win less than 3.5 stages at Evens looks like a knocking good bet as well.

Polka dot jersey: Notoriously difficult to call as always but can't be having most of the riders at the top of the market. The Massif Central could well be significant. Tricky Dicky always used to launch his bid for the jersey in this sort of terrain. You need a rider that the yellow jersey riders will allow a bit of rope then, so step forward Remi Di Gregorio who has (ahem) improved significantly since joining Astana (no laughing at the back). I've backed him at 50/1 and expect a decent run for my money.

Top Ten Finish: Lot's of value in this market. I've backed Levi Leiphemer at Evens (looks nailed on) and John Gadret at 12/1 (Nick Roche won't like it but Gadret and Peraud are better riders than him and I think will emerge as AG2R's top two).

Other riders I will be keeping a close eye on for stage wins: Gilbert (obviously), Kiryienka, Txurruka, Pineau, Ballan, Tony Martin and of course Little Tommy Voeckler.

Best bet in whole race: 10/11 Any rider to be thrown off the race for drugs. Fill yer boots.

AC was an absolute monster in the Giro. He looked like he had one of those Cancellara engine bikes. If he's even near that form then the race will be won at Luz Ardiden.

You do your dough.

My bets (so far):

For betting purposes I'm ignoring the yellow and the white jerseys. Absolutely zero value in either market.

Green Jersey: Thor Hushovt - Lots of rampy finishes in the flat stages won't suit Cav so he looks value at 8/1 each way. Cav to win less than 3.5 stages at Evens looks like a knocking good bet as well.

Polka dot jersey: Notoriously difficult to call as always but can't be having most of the riders at the top of the market. The Massif Central could well be significant. Tricky Dicky always used to launch his bid for the jersey in this sort of terrain. You need a rider that the yellow jersey riders will allow a bit of rope then, so step forward Remi Di Gregorio who has (ahem) improved significantly since joining Astana (no laughing at the back). I've backed him at 50/1 and expect a decent run for my money.

Top Ten Finish: Lot's of value in this market. I've backed Levi Leiphemer at Evens (looks nailed on) and John Gadret at 12/1 (Nick Roche won't like it but Gadret and Peraud are better riders than him and I think will emerge as AG2R's top two).

Other riders I will be keeping a close eye on for stage wins: Gilbert (obviously), Kiryienka, Txurruka, Pineau, Ballan, Tony Martin and of course Little Tommy Voeckler.

Best bet in whole race: 10/11 Any rider to be thrown off the race for drugs. Fill yer boots.

Might be worth bearing in mind changes to both the Green & Polka Dot jersey competitions this year

link

Could be that a top 10 GC rider may walk away with the Polka Dot Jersey?

I liked the form of Damiano Cunego at the Tour de Suisse, only let down by a shocking last day ITT. If he can keep his nose clean on the flat, then a rider like him could def launch himself for Yellow at Superbesse & would be a handful to shake off in the mountains.

I tend to only watch the majors as it were, the Tour, Giro and Vuelta so I'm not excatly a cycling expert. With that said, anyone got any tips for an outsider to make a top 10 finish? I love the tour, but I've added a wee bit extra interest with a few bets, now I'm looking for a bet for a top 10 finish with pretty good odds.

I've short listed :

Kreuziger @ 13/2

Roche @ 10/1

Luis Leon Sanchez @ 12/1

Sivtsov @ 16/1

Any kind, knowledgable soul care to inform me if they think any of these have a shot, and if not tips will be welcomed ;)

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I tend to only watch the majors as it were, the Tour, Giro and Vuelta so I'm not excatly a cycling expert. With that said, anyone got any tips for an outsider to make a top 10 finish? I love the tour, but I've added a wee bit extra interest with a few bets, now I'm looking for a bet for a top 10 finish with pretty good odds.

I've short listed :

Kreuziger @ 13/2

Roche @ 10/1

Luis Leon Sanchez @ 12/1

Sivtsov @ 16/1

Any kind, knowledgable soul care to inform me if they think any of these have a shot, and if not tips will be welcomed ;)

latest top 10 odds

Kreuziger was 6th at the Giro, while John Gadret 4th at the Giro is also a decent shout. Would be nice to think Tom Danielson would have a shout at top 10. I`ve just taken Cunego @ 6/1.

Would avoid Luis Leon Sanchez, has had a miserable season so far, anything he achieves at the Tour would be completely out of the blue. Roche crashed out of the Dauphine recently, but will ride the Tour, who knows what shape he`ll be in though?

latest top 10 odds

Kreuziger was 6th at the Giro, while John Gadret 4th at the Giro is also a decent shout. Would be nice to think Tom Danielson would have a shout at top 10. I`ve just taken Cunego @ 6/1.

Would avoid Luis Leon Sanchez, has had a miserable season so far, anything he achieves at the Tour would be completely out of the blue. Roche crashed out of the Dauphine recently, but will ride the Tour, who knows what shape he`ll be in though?

I've went for Roman Kreuziger @13/2 and Remy Di Grigorio @ 33/1 and I had £1 left in my account so I risked it on L.L Sanchez @ 12/1 all to finish top 10.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Desert Nomad - Agree about the new rules but Cav seems to have ruled himself out of sprinting for the intermediates so think he's worth taking on at a short price for the jersey.

Shuggie Murray - I agree with Desert Nomad about John Gadret for top ten. He will finish in the front group on most if not all mountain stages. Paddy Power's 16/1 looks like a gift. His team mate JC Peraud is fresh for this race and they have him at 18/1. I think they both have a better chance than nominal leader Nick Roche who is quoted a lot shorter.

I like your Kruziger bet. Not sure about Di Gregorio as I see him losing time early in order to allow himself to go in breaks and try for the polka dot jersey in the high mountains.

Shuggie Murray - I agree with Desert Nomad about John Gadret for top ten. He will finish in the front group on most if not all mountain stages. Paddy Power's 16/1 looks like a gift. His team mate JC Peraud is fresh for this race and they have him at 18/1. I think they both have a better chance than nominal leader Nick Roche who is quoted a lot shorter.

Are those odds for the outright win? Surely they must be, no? I think betting on the outright win will sadly be a wasted bet. Can't see past AC and if he does slip up Schleck will take over...no real value.

After checking with Ladbrokes,Gadret is 13/2 for a top 10 finish with Peraud at 16/1 to finish top 10. So Peraud is worth a punt at 16/1 I'm guessing?

Are those odds for the outright win? Surely they must be, no? I think betting on the outright win will sadly be a wasted bet. Can't see past AC and if he does slip up Schleck will take over...no real value.

After checking with Ladbrokes,Gadret is 13/2 for a top 10 finish with Peraud at 16/1 to finish top 10. So Peraud is worth a punt at 16/1 I'm guessing?

Paddy Power offering 14/1 Gadret top 10, I`ll have a little of that!

Also decent value to be had in betting without Contador/Schleck market, shows how open it is for the 3rd step on the podium.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cycling/tour-de-france?ev_oc_grp_ids=470122

Ladbrokes are usually shocking for odds away from horse racing and football. For things like cyclings etc their odds are honking.

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/Cycling-c110000020

Comparing the 2 sets of odds fro Paddy Power and Ladbrokes, I really do wonder why I keep my account with Ladbrokes.

Contador has been dropped and is currently 32 seconds behind, just goes to show that when you are clean its a totally different race.<_<

(he shouldnt even be racing)

Contador has been dropped and is currently 32 seconds behind, just goes to show that when you are clean its a totally different race.<_<

Fantastic stuff from Gilbert, proving what we all knew, that nobody can touch him on a finish like that. Good stuff from Evans as well. Contador over a minute as well as Wiggins and Andy Schleck. Not a disaster for either Contador or Schleck IMO.

epic opening stage. i was out my chair when cancellera came through.

hopefully that dick that caused the crash gets leathered at some point tonight. i was hoping the schlecks had got a wee advantage over bertie but it doesn't look like it. anything to avoid contador winning then being stripped.

evans, kloden and van den broeck getting a wee GC boost should keep it interesting when they hit the first mountains.

Contador can`t help the bunglings of the UCI and the investigating team. Any descision on him should have been made months ago, not exactly his fault that one hasn`t been made. Although Contador is probably on a programme, all the other top riders will be as well, it`s easier to pick out the clean riders than name the dirty ones. I don`t know how much you know about the sport, so I hope I`m not coming across as though I`m all knowledgable.

he shouldn't be racing the tour, it's a simple as that.

he should have taken a year suspension then came back in 2012. if wins the tour then loses at CAS he'll ruin the result of 3 of the last 4 GT's, that is a hefty blow to a sport that struggles for credibilty.