Procycling thread

myshkin

On 20/03/2023 at 22:07, kiddy said:

Ganna apparently targeting Roubaix.

Interesting. He's looking strong.

Evenepoel getting the better of Roglic at the third attempt in Catalunya and looking the stronger of the two. Should be a good Giro watching them go head to head over three weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pogacar wins De Ronde. Only the third man in history to win both of the Tours of France and Flanders. Now has three of the five monuments on his palmares. Was asked about Paris-Roubaix in an interview afterwards - didn't rule it out, but said he'd need to put on a couple kgs.

On 02/04/2023 at 19:52, printer said:

Pogacar wins De Ronde. Only the third man in history to win both of the Tours of France and Flanders. Now has three of the five monuments on his palmares. Was asked about Paris-Roubaix in an interview afterwards - didn't rule it out, but said he'd need to put on a couple kgs.

Would think PR will be for the future. I’d imagine he’ll have next years San Remo as a priority first.

10 hours ago, kiddy said:

Would think PR will be for the future. I’d imagine he’ll have next years San Remo as a priority first.

Indeed. San Remo is a difficult one for him, with WvA and MvdP about, maybe needs to go earlier, even harder on the Cipressa.

Who is your favourite for PR this weekend?

3 hours ago, printer said:

Indeed. San Remo is a difficult one for him, with WvA and MvdP about, maybe needs to go earlier, even harder on the Cipressa.

Who is your favourite for PR this weekend?

Dylan Van Barle has obviously chucked all his eggs in one basket & targeted the Pave trophy.

DCCACCFD-C726-4002-9898-EEF6F7D50BD0.jpeg

Edited by kiddy

Gutted for Degenkolb, who was having the ride of his life.

So unfortunate to be squeezed out onto the grass in the last 5* sector. Was looking in tremendous shape for a challenge, but the whole race swung back & forward inside 30-40 seconds. WVA attacked, MVDP responded & countered. I thought he’d blown Alpecin’s chances, by not waiting for Philipson, then Wout punctured.

The chance for a 7 up sprint vanished & Philipson put in a tremendous job of policing the chase.

Edited by kiddy

I know he mentioned his Spring Classic season being done y/day, but considering his previous display in Strade Bianchi, I wonder if MVDP will take on La Doyenne, on the 23rd & add a 4th Monument to his palmares?

Edited by kiddy

On 10/04/2023 at 12:54, kiddy said:

I know he mentioned his Spring Classic season being done y/day, but considering his previous display in Strade Bianchi, I wonder if MVDP will take on La Doyenne, on the 23rd & add a 4th Monument to his palmares?

I don't know what his priorities are for the rest of the year, but he must be tempted given his form.