Procycling thread

myshkin

That was brutal crashes for Jay Vine and Carlos Rodriguez.
Anyway, Evenepoel has won the Vuelta. Congrats to him, I genuinely didn't think he'd have what it takes to win a GT. Granted he had a mid-race wobble, he has been comfortably the best rider. It's a shame Roglic crashed out. Things were shaping up to be a brilliant finish to the race until he abandoned.
Remco's recovery, following Roglic departure, suggest the race would still be in the balance.

Jeez, it's a day for processions..

This relegation thing of 2 teams from the present 20 for next years World Tour will make the rest of the cycling season interesting, teams will be sending a class of cyclist normally not seen in some of these races..

On 09/09/2022 at 20:45, kiddy said:

A clearly still concussed Roglic has come away with a ridiculous version of his crash that blames Fred Wright!

That JV saw fit to back him up & release this officially is worse.

Team Jumbo-Visma | One crash too many for Primoz Roglic, though there… (teamjumbovisma.com)

Just watched through some footage, to me Wright started to pass Roglic who looks as if he was giving up then started moving over to the barriers and caught Wright who was passing him...

Edited by Bob in Denny
added more to the post

7 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Roglic and Jumbo are full of shit.

I honestly can't see Roglic winnng another GT. Too many of the next generation pushing through & onward.

His time has past IMO & will go down in history alongside the likes of Rominger, with a similar Palmares.

11 hours ago, kiddy said:

I honestly can't see Roglic winnng another GT. Too many of the next generation pushing through & onward.

His time has past IMO & will go down in history alongside the likes of Rominger, with a similar Palmares.

I agree. Which is a shame, because he should 100% have a Tour de France title on his palmares. That 2020 Tour will haunt him I feel. He was in total control of the race and the absolute beast of a time trial was completely unpredicatable.

As for him crashing out of thr Vuelta, at the time it happened I immediately thought it was just a racing incident. If anything I'd it more down to a momentary lapse in concentration from Roglic. I don't see anything Fred Wright did at all wrong.

The statement from Roglic/Jumbo is a nonsense and totally uncalled for.

As for Fred Wright, he has been in outstanding form all season long. He can't be far off that first big breakthrough win. He must be worth an outside punt for the Worlds? He and Ethan Hayter will co-captian GB.

Felt sorry for Ethan Hayter, suffered a mechanical in the World ITT, finishing 4th, 40 secs behind Norwegian winner Tobias Foss.

He was 30 behind Remco in 3rd & 37 off Kung in 2nd. Pogacar was 6th, Ganna 7th.

Edited by kiddy

Adam Yates leaves Ineos to be chief support for Pogacar at UAE.
Ineos suffering somewhat of an identity crisis currently. They've signed well in terms of quality with Arensman and Connor Swift recently but they aren't riders who are going to add to a GC leaders chances. Think the Vuelta showed that Rodriguez is still a good bit away from being a GC contender and Martinez flatters to deceive a lot. That's them lost arguably their 3 best lieutenants in Yates, van Baarle and Porte this season.

Seemed a strange signing for them at the time and one that hasn't really worked. I've never been convinced by either of the Yeats brothers as GC riders (I know Simon at least has a Vuelta on his Palmares) and see them as stage winners once they've dropped down on GC, and that isn't something Ineos would have been looking for I wouldn't have thought.

That'll be Carapaz, Yates, van Baarle and Porte all out the door for Ineos. I think Amador is following Carapaz at EF as well?

In terms of GC, who does that leave them? Thomas is finished as a GT winner - he's just competing for podiums. Geohagan Hart is not a GT contender for me - his Giro victory in one of the most fortune GT wins I can recall. It remains to be seen how Bernal recovers from his catastrophic crash - I wouldn't be holding too much hope if his injury list is correct. Martinez is not a serious GT contender. Rodriguez is an interesting prospect and as such is one more for the future than the here and now. 

Is Ineos done as a serious GT contender in general? In Pidcock and Hayter, I see them more as a GT stage chasing team now.

8 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Handy....need to find a spot to watch en-route..

once they get a grown up to use a crayon properly..

Could have had a figure of eight taking in Crow Road & Tak Me Doon in the Campsie's. But hey, mahoosive opportunity missed.

10 hours ago, kiddy said:

Could have had a figure of eight taking in Crow Road & Tak Me Doon in the Campsie's. But hey, mahoosive opportunity missed.

That cobbled ford is more likely why they avoid the Tak...

be interesting how the Strava KOM would fare with the pros heading over it...

6 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

That cobbled ford is more likely why they avoid the Tak...

A route taking in an ascent/decent of both would have been top notch. For a pro peloton, that’s used to Roubaix/Strade Bianche, the Tak would have been a cinch. Never mind on a closed road.

No worries about tearing down them with oncoming traffic possible!🤪🤯😱😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

A route taking in an ascent/decent of both would have been top notch. For a pro peloton, that’s used to Roubaix/Strade Bianche, the Tak would have been a cinch. Never mind on a closed road.

No worries about tearing down them with oncoming traffic possible!🤪🤯😱😂🤣😂

940508686_ttroute.jpg.c719bf934592a89142abab57e3f27439.jpg

Got sent this earlier, ALLEGED TT route....

I'm sure Castle area start and finish..

hopefully not a guesswork route(i have found more than a few hiking ones online)

12 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

That cobbled ford is more likely why they avoid the

"I've rode km after km of pave, on the roads to Roubaix, but have you seen the cobbles at the Ford on the Tak? Fcuk that!"😂🤣😂

It's hardly the Arenberg Trench.🥴

2022-09-25.thumb.png.b01bbdb70b9be3cfdf97a862767cc7ed.png

Edited by kiddy