Procycling thread

myshkin

Yup. And still saying he's heard nothing either way from QS about tour selection, which given it starts on Friday is a little surprising.
He's been listed as a reserve rider with Jakobsen selected as the sprinter.

Tour de France: Mark Cavendish will not ride and Julian Alaphilippe also out - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61953009

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

He's been listed as a reserve rider with Jakobsen selected as the sprinter.

Tour de France: Mark Cavendish will not ride and Julian Alaphilippe also out - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61953009

Bigger shock is Senechal's exclusion. To go to the race without the French Nat Champ is a bit of a slap in the face. 

It's not as if they've even gone with any GC hope, in Remco, as Alaphilippe is still recovering.

On 25/06/2022 at 15:24, jaggyness said:

Just seen the UAE roster for the tour! Jeez, if Pogacar wasn't already a heavy favourite for the tour he's got mcnulty, soler, Bennett, Hirschi and majka helping him emoji15.png

Jumbo Visma squad also looks vastly talented although I’m surprised Dennis has missed out. Roglic will have Vingegaard and Kuss to look after him in the mountains. Both of them look to be better climbers than any in UAE’s team. They could probably have any number of climbers trying to isolate Pogacar and he’ll still distance them all. I’m hoping Thomas will stay upright and get close to rekindling the type of form to mount a podium challenge in his last tour. 

Jumbo Visma squad also looks vastly talented although I’m surprised Dennis has missed out. Roglic will have Vingegaard and Kuss to look after him in the mountains. Both of them look to be better climbers than any in UAE’s team. They could probably have any number of climbers trying to isolate Pogacar and he’ll still distance them all. I’m hoping Thomas will stay upright and get close to rekindling the type of form to mount a podium challenge in his last tour. 
Majka has 6 top 8 general classification finishes at grand tours plus podium finishes at lombardy and the Olympics to go with two polka dot jerseys at the tour so his climbing pedigree is beyond question the strongest although I'd agree that vingegaard is, arguably on current form, the best climber in the world, probably even more so than Roglic.
I'd also like to see G do well but he's probably behind Martinez on ineos roster now and Martinez has too many bad days to challenge

Hopefully Jacobsen tests positive too! 
Jacobsen fully deserves his spot, but considering QST aren't sending a GC prospect I think it foolish not to pick Cav too. A first week crash could easily bin their whole tour.

46 minutes ago, kiddy said:
20 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:
Hopefully Jacobsen tests positive too! 

Jacobsen fully deserves his spot, but considering QST aren't sending a GC prospect I think it foolish not to pick Cav too. A first week crash could easily bin their whole tour.

A similar thought had crossed my mind too. A Covid positive could derail the sprint train. Cav was back to best when winning the British national road title at the weekend. He was aggressive and out-thought his rivals.

Lefevre is a stubborn b*****d with a huge ego. Bennett was his number one sprinter last year and he looked embarrassed by Cav's four wins in the Tour. He is not going to risk a repeat this year unless Jacobsen is ill or injured.

Uran down by 1.30 due to a crash before the bridge, Lampeart crashes on the bridge & uses the convoy to get back in. By the time EF get Uran back to the convoy the Commissaires pull the team cars out! What are they playing at, #cnuts.