Procycling thread

myshkin

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Farcical end to the Amstel Gold Race.

Just leave it to the officials to declare the result.

Bit of a mess,,

after last years shenanigans with the camera positioned forward of the finish line,

I would guess they placed it in the correct place this year.

Looking at the live TV coverage, 

I thought in real time Cosnefroy had just got it...

Specsavers for me tomorrow

43 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Bit of a mess,,

after last years shenanigans with the camera positioned forward of the finish line,

I would guess they placed it in the correct place this year.

Looking at the live TV coverage, 

I thought in real time Cosnefroy had just got it...

Specsavers for me tomorrow

And I, in real time, thought that Kwiatowski had nicked it.

Tbf, it's impossible to tell from a head-on view when it's so close. Great race though.

Btw, I really enjoy Adam Blyth's honest and humorous commentary.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

And I, in real time, thought that Kwiatowski had nicked it.

Tbf, it's impossible to tell from a head-on view when it's so close. Great race though.

Btw, I really enjoy Adam Blyth's honest and humorous commentary.

This 'expansion' of Eurosport and the  GCN+ app is excellent,

coverage is much better than the old Eurosport Player where you got the incoming video without commentary

I had been out on the bike this morning and missed the Tour of Turkey and the ladies Amstel (which I saw the extended highlights).

I try and catch everything.

They are now doing short and extended highlights so handy.

Blythe and the other additions to the commentaries of the races are a breath of fresh air, I admit to being a Kirby fan, the man is marmite but I like him and Brian Smith together. I'm just worried now I'll overload on watching it all.

Eurosport have cracked the coverage esp The Breakaway.

We need another Robert Millar....

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Lovely sunny day for Paris-Roubaix, which will mean there is very little mud but lots of dust in the air

talking about possibly the fastest ever.. average speed 46.5 KPH

70km to go and 3 out front putting the hammer down, Mahoric trying another Milan/San Remo catch me if you can?

Dylan van Barle wins solo. Three wins in a week for Ineos.
Idiot spectator standing too far into the road brings down Yves Lampaert to deny him the chance of a podium place.
van Baarle really is some rider. All he really needs now is a GT stage win. Won major one day races at dwaars door vlanderen and roubaix, 2nd at the world's, winner of stage races at tour of Britain and Sun tour so a complete rider.

Lots of punctures..

more use of tubeless tyres?

There was a camera shot of the wheels bouncing over the cobbles but more evident was how much the chain was bouncing about..

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
4 hours ago, printer said:
Idiot spectator standing too far into the road brings down Yves Lampaert to deny him the chance of a podium place.

van Baarle really is some rider. All he really needs now is a GT stage win. Won major one day races at dwaars door vlanderen and roubaix, 2nd at the world's, winner of stage races at tour of Britain and Sun tour so a complete rider.

Grudgingly admitted in a Belgian/Dutch (?) interview of another team approach although it's been a hot rumour in the sport, Jumbo-Visma apparently but will he be willing to go into a team with Wout van Aert?  Brailsford fair showed delight at end of the race waiting on him, he's done enough to more than put himself in the shop window with a big pay rise, he deserves it.

Back to the climbers tomorrow at the Tour of the Alps....

Lots of punctures..
There was a camera shot of the wheels bouncing over the cobbles but more evident was how much the chain was bouncing about..
Grudgingly admitted in a Belgian/Dutch (?) interview of another team approach although it's been a hot rumour in the sport, Jumbo-Visma apparently but will he be willing to go into a team with Wout van Aert?  Brailsford fair showed delight at end of the race waiting on him, he's done enough to more than put himself in the shop window with a big pay rise, he deserves it.
Ineos, perhaps to the detriment of their GT ambitions, now have a lot of very good one day riders: van Baarle, Kwiatkowski, Pidcock, Hayter, Sheffield etc. Of course Roglic, WvA and Pogacar have raised the bar by seemingly being able to compete in any type of race they enter.

46 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
57 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:
Lots of punctures..

Ineos, perhaps to the detriment of their GT ambitions, now have a lot of very good one day riders: van Baarle, Kwiatkowski, Pidcock, Hayter, Sheffield etc. Of course Roglic, WvA and Pogacar have raised the bar by seemingly being able to compete in any type of race they enter.

Ineos, I thought Brailsford had gone over to Ineos sports as overall performance director.

There is an amazing array of talent coming through to the World Tour and the future is bright, I hope that this will bring further ongoing sponsorship.

I haven't looked forward to the Grand Tours so much, roll on the Giro.....

(I flip flop each year as to whether I prefer the Giro or La Vuelta)

Watching the highlights, that was a spectacular crash for Lampaert all because some old fuckwit couldn't lean back in time.

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Dylan Teuns holds off Valverde in the last few hundred metres to win Fleche-Wallone. First Belgian winner since Gilbert in 2011.

Thought the unthinkable was going to happen & Valverde was going to edge it. But Teuns was able to sustain his effort as the Spaniard faded in the last 10 metres.

Thought the unthinkable was going to happen & Valverde was going to edge it. But Teuns was able to sustain his effort as the Spaniard faded in the last 10 metres.
Was nice to see valverde show a bit of form at long last, especially with La Doyenne this weekend and him going for a record equalling 5th victory in his final year. He couldn't could he?