Procycling thread

myshkin

Looks like Miguel Angel Lopez has thrown a massive strop, by abandoning, after making an arse of his podium spot.
Wasn't paying attention during an attack by Adam Yates, & let a group of GC contenders go up the road, including his nearest rival Jack Haig. Lost 4+ minutes & climbed off.
Just Movistar doing Movistar again.

On 20/08/2021 at 14:20, well fan for life said:

Movistar will inevitably do something daft as f**k like attack each other until they all drop out of the top 10 if their Netflix series have been anything to go by. 

When I said this I definitely didn't expect the lad in a podium spot to pull over and empty every single one of his toys out the pram. Incredible.

Struggling for content in the 3rd Netflix series IMO. Yesterday’s stage was tremendous viewing with the attacks from everywhere, Ineos and Bahrain mainly (until Haig was flagging later on). Today’s time trial should really be a procession for those in the top 10 barring any mechanical or bike handling disasters.

Tour of Britain also starts today on ITV4 all week.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Struggling for content in the 3rd Netflix series IMO. Yesterday’s stage was tremendous viewing with the attacks from everywhere, Ineos and Bahrain mainly (until Haig was flagging later on). Today’s time trial should really be a procession for those in the top 10 barring any mechanical or bike handling disasters.

Tour of Britain also starts today on ITV4 all week.

I was wondering if it was on TV......goes within half a mile of my hoose next sunday.  Thought it strange the the road up past Castle Fraser was closed for a day last week for pothole repairs - considering it was top-dressed about 5 weeks ago - obviously we repairs to ensure a decent surface

I was wondering if it was on TV......goes within half a mile of my hoose next sunday.  Thought it strange the the road up past Castle Fraser was closed for a day last week for pothole repairs - considering it was top-dressed about 5 weeks ago - obviously we repairs to ensure a decent surface
Better hurry, Devil outfits & tridents are limited stock this time of year. [emoji83][emoji823]

13 hours ago, well fan for life said:
When I said this I definitely didn't expect the lad in a podium spot to pull over and empty every single one of his toys out the pram. Incredible.

I'd say it's more like he made a right royal arse of it & bailed.

Screenshot_20210905-123742_Twitter.jpeg

Edited by kiddy

I'd say it's more like he made a right royal arse of it & bailed.
Screenshot_20210905-123742_Twitter.thumb.jpeg.5d1c3ba69ee80cfca5dd49abb50c85dc.jpeg

It would appear he took the huff having been told not to chase, allowing Mas his more comfortable podium position. Guess his days at Movistar are numbered now, the next Carapaz to them and they’ll be out to spite him in any race when he does move on.

I can see the argument for both sides but I don’t think it says much for having dual/trio leadership for grand tours instead of a dedicated leader at least as plan A.

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Today's top viewing? A youngster in Edinburgh, giving it absolutely everything, to race the Pro's, in the Tour of Britain. #Rewards.

https://twitter.com/GcnRacing/status/1436730519610404871?s=20

I watched it live , it was great and the commentators where brilliant with it really bigged the wee guy up , it was great to see the pros acknowledge him too , fantastic stuff 

I went to see it as well....really glad I did.  Was amazing watching all the local roads on tv then cycling for a few minutes and seeing it live.  I parked my bike at the top of the wee hill after Castle Fraser.....wee bit rude of Mark Cavendish sticking his tongue out at me though.

When they went past....I cycled home and they were just approaching Westhill on tv...fantastic event with world class sportsmen in the North East.  Believe it starts in Aberdeen next year?

Cycling.jpg

I went to see it as well....really glad I did.  Was amazing watching all the local roads on tv then cycling for a few minutes and seeing it live.  I parked my bike at the top of the wee hill after Castle Fraser.....wee bit rude of Mark Cavendish sticking his tongue out at me though.
When they went past....I cycled home and they were just approaching Westhill on tv...fantastic event with world class sportsmen in the North East.  Believe it starts in Aberdeen next year?

Cycling.jpg.f588ff4d9ecad6fde3efcf1311f74611.jpg
Cracking photo m8[emoji108]

Having watched the Cairn O'Mount again on you tube other than the crowds which were great is the fact that at the first left hairpin to the left at the top it is 16% and around 20% on the inside of the corner. The camera really flattened out the slope.
The breakaway were waving their hands to get the crowds going at that point, at an incline of 16%. I am standing up on the pedals doing a series of track stands with small movements between them as I grind my way up.

Ganna with a fabulous negative split to retain his Rainbow jersey in the ITT at the World Champ's in Flanders.

WVA & remco 2nd & 3rd. The Italian pulled back a 6 sec deficit at the first time check, to even at the Int check & a +6 sec win by the end.

Had to laugh at the Belgians giving him the 'slow down' motions when it was in the balance after CP 2.😂🤣😂

Edited by kiddy