Procycling thread

myshkin

On 14/04/2021 at 16:19, kiddy said:

Top win for Tom Pidcock who scores a convincing win over Matteo Trentin & WVA in the final sprint in Brabantse Pijl.

Initiated a lot of the attacks & finished in style from a high class group of three as they were being closed down in the last km.

Broadcasters still to get the photo result in Amstel Gold. TV would suggest Pidcock, but broadcaster saying WVA. brutally close.

They've given it to WVA by 0.0004 sec. Approx 6mm. You decide? Just took them 1/2 hr to release the photo verdict.

Never mind sports doctors, is there a photo doctor in the house?

2021-04-18 (2).png

2021-04-18 (1).png

2021-04-18 (4).png

Edited by kiddy

• 3 weeks later...
Giro, stage 20, il passo Spluga, utter filth.IMG_20210504_120933.thumb.jpeg.34ebcc5cc1e59890fef19e9cdbde362d.jpeg
Should make for quite the spectacle and slog by stage 20! Also looking forward to the Zoncolan finish on stage 14. 
I see the rumours are back on Bernal's back problem being a long-standing issue. Simon Yates was in good form in the Tour of the Alps, I'd have him as favourite ahead of Bernal although Bernal did perform reasonably well in his early season races in Italy & France. That being said I have plumped for e/w on Carthy & Almeida instead for GC. I will be interested to see what impact the final time trial has on the GC placings as it looks huge at almost 30km.

Should make for quite the spectacle and slog by stage 20! Also looking forward to the Zoncolan finish on stage 14. 
I see the rumours are back on Bernal's back problem being a long-standing issue. Simon Yates was in good form in the Tour of the Alps, I'd have him as favourite ahead of Bernal although Bernal did perform reasonably well in his early season races in Italy & France. That being said I have plumped for e/w on Carthy & Almeida instead for GC. I will be interested to see what impact the final time trial has on the GC placings as it looks huge at almost 30km.
Don't think he'll win but really excited to see Remco back as well. Could this be the time Landa finally realises his potential? Strongest team he's had as a leader backing him

On 18/04/2021 at 16:24, kiddy said:

Broadcasters still to get the photo result in Amstel Gold. TV would suggest Pidcock, but broadcaster saying WVA. brutally close.

They've given it to WVA by 0.0004 sec. Approx 6mm. You decide? Just took them 1/2 hr to release the photo verdict.

Never mind sports doctors, is there a photo doctor in the house?

2021-04-18 (2).png

2021-04-18 (1).png

2021-04-18 (4).png

Pidcock was robbed.

Almeida well out the reckoning after today, although plenty stages to make time up, didn’t look particularly good in the first real challenge. Can only imagine he’ll have a domestique role to assist Evenepoel going forward.

Bernal, Carthy & Landa all with strong finishes today.

Almeida well out the reckoning after today, although plenty stages to make time up, didn’t look particularly good in the first real challenge. Can only imagine he’ll have a domestique role to assist Evenepoel going forward.

Bernal, Carthy & Landa all with strong finishes today.
Yates only dropped 10 secs on the other GC riders.

I love the giro. Having an intermediate sprint at the top of a climb [emoji23]
Bennett pretty much out of the GC running as well after yesterday but not shipping as much time as Almeida. He won't win but Bardet quietly going about his business and coming in alongside Yates

I love the giro. Having an intermediate sprint at the top of a climb [emoji23]
Bennett pretty much out of the GC running as well after yesterday but not shipping as much time as Almeida. He won't win but Bardet quietly going about his business and coming in alongside Yates
Think the best I saw the Giro, must have been the year Cunego won. He'd beaten Simoni at the top of the climb & the tifosi just fucked off down the mountain, with the race still going on![emoji54] Riders were having to battle their way through the crowds.[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Looks like Landa out if the Giro, bad crash wi 9km to go. Appeared road furniture & riders changing mind at the split, took out the marshall wi the pennant & 2 or three went down, including yesterday's winner, & KoM, Dombrowski.
Sivakov crashed earlier, looked to have back pain, & will prob exit GC contention.

Entertaining stage in the peeing rain, where Ineos Gannadeirs put the Maglia Rosa to the sword. Catching De Marchi out on a descent in cross winds & dropping him. Last known 15+ mins.
We now have the 1st Hungarian Maglia Rosa in GFDJ's Attila Walter. Evenopoel at 10 Bernal 16. Most GC riders still.there, but Bennett's gone, blew big style on final climb. Hindley too.

Entertaining stage in the peeing rain, where Ineos Gannadeirs put the Maglia Rosa to the sword. Catching De Marchi out on a descent in cross winds & dropping him. Last known 15+ mins.
We now have the 1st Hungarian Maglia Rosa in GFDJ's Attila Walter. Evenopoel at 10 Bernal 16. Most GC riders still.there, but Bennett's gone, blew big style on final climb. Hindley too.
Wouldn't be surprised if Bike exchange get one of their cars booted out the race after driving into the back of Serry today. Could really hurt Yates chances.

22 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Bike exchange get one of their cars booted out the race after driving into the back of Serry today. Could really hurt Yates chances.

Meant to mention that, was utterly outrageous. He just drove right up his arse!

I'd imagine the driver/DS? would definitely by booted out.

How Peiter Serry got away without serious injury was astounding, that the bike wasn't at least thrown at the driver, another.

SCARY ... A car from the Bikeexchange SHOCKED Pieter Serry, Incredible !! | Giro d'Italia 2021 - YouTube

55 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
4 hours ago, kiddy said:

24 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Meant to mention that, was utterly outrageous. He just drove right up his arse!

I'd imagine the driver/DS? would definitely by booted out.

How Peiter Serry got away without serious injury was astounding, that the bike wasn't at least thrown at the driver, another.

SCARY ... A car from the Bikeexchange SHOCKED Pieter Serry, Incredible !! | Giro d'Italia 2021 - YouTube

The Bike Exchange driver was booted out. Sadly, these events are too common. IIRC a rider was killed by a motor bike a few years ago.

Johnny Hoogerland and Juan Antonio Flecha were sent flying into a fence by a TV car during the Tour a few years ago – https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/14100120

Elsewhere, Tom Dumoulin announces he's to return to racing at the tour de suisse. Wonder if he is a late contender for the tour team? For the first time in a long time Jumbo Visma are nowhere in a GT at the giro.