Procycling thread

myshkin

Going back to chat from earlier season races.

The ineos MO is always to peak in the 3rd week of a GT. If we look at Roglic form before the giro last year it was excellent yet he fell away in the final week of the giro. He, and Jumbo Visma, will undoubtedly have learned from that but there is just that nagging suspicion it could be the same scenario again.
That's a factor, but they are leaving it very late and the likes of Froome and G are a long way off Grand Tour form at the moment.

Again, maybe Roglic is peaking too early, but he hasn't done a lot of racing (no one has); before last year's Giro he had possibly over-raced.

One thing's for sure, Jumbo Visma's challenge to Ineos (and there's Pinot too) is looking like the Tour could be truly fascinating.

One guy who showed great form at the back end of last season, & has been completely anonymous, is Pogacar. Has almost vanished, his profile has been so low.

21 hours ago, jaggyness said:

How do people feel about bonus seconds at the tour? I'll be honest, personally, I wish they'd get rid of them. Weirdly don't bother me at the other two grand tours but I guess it's just I always grew up in tours without them. Plus I always felt it presented a truer picture of who was deservedly at the top of the overall.

Don't think there were any bonus seconds today. But didn't matter, at 2 stages a piece, between Roglic & Pogacar. In fact the yougster even gifted his elder countryman a shed load of seconds in the crosswinds & still scudded him & his team!😂🤣😂

On 16/09/2020 at 20:34, Gnash said:

Looks very much like Roglic now.  He'd have to crash or get ill to not win from here.

😂 Just as well I'm not a betting man!

Amazing ride from from Pogacar.  Took me until halfway up the climb before I really believed it.

I think we may have genuinely seem a changing of the guard with this tour. Suddenly those we have been used to seeing the last 10 years are looking distinctly past their sell by date.

So happy for Porte to get on the podium, as he sees it having the impact of a fullfillment of a careers ambition.

I take it the bald guy in the white shirt is Pogacar's auld man?