Procycling thread

myshkin

Yeah, quite a strange one and doesn't really fit in with their profile. Is Kenny Elissande still there?
I wondered this too. He's listed on their roster on their website but I thought I'd heard he was moving on? I wonder if this is to try and curb a move by jumbo who could potentially field roglic, dumoulin, Bennett and kruiswijk. Gives ineos some real firepower that's for sure. I think they might put all their eggs in the one basket next season and get froome a 5th tour and sacrifice the other grand tours

I wondered this too. He's listed on their roster on their website but I thought I'd heard he was moving on? I wonder if this is to try and curb a move by jumbo who could potentially field roglic, dumoulin, Bennett and kruiswijk. Gives ineos some real firepower that's for sure. I think they might put all their eggs in the one basket next season and get froome a 5th tour and sacrifice the other grand tours
I think Bernal has said he's targeting the Giro-Tour double, so who knows. Bernal supported by Carapaz, the defending champion for the Giro like Froome ending up supporting Thomas then Thomas ending up supporting Bernal at the Tour maybe? Then Bernal (and Thomas) supporting Froome as he goes for his 5th Tour, them whoever's fit enough for the Vuelta? I do agree that they will try e everything they can do get Froome up to 5 though. And if he manages that, he's probably still got another couple of Vueltas in him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sounds like Froome is some way off race fitness.
Yes that's what it sounds like. Guessing if he's even close two of the three go to the dauphine and the other leader will be at the tour de suisse. Might not know until then what's happening

Yes that's what it sounds like. Guessing if he's even close two of the three go to the dauphine and the other leader will be at the tour de suisse. Might not know until then what's happening
Carapaz & Bernal are the future of the team anyway.

Sounds like Froome is some way off race fitness.
Not according to Froome.

Tour de France: Chris Froome says he will go for a fifth title in 2020 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/51155759

Not according to Froome.

Tour de France: Chris Froome says he will go for a fifth title in 2020 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/51155759
Having witnessed the Giro stage to Bardonecchia, I wouldn't doubt Froome's commitment to the task in front of him.
That Brailsford practically left his name out of the conversation, gives him a lot of leeway; should he not be where he wants to be at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ineos DS Nico Portal dies of Heart Attack aged 40![emoji44]
Sad news indeed. He had retired as a rider due to an irregular heart beat I think? But he looked as fit as a fiddle and considering he's about my age and I eat shite all day and do no exercise... not good. In purely practical terms, he was credited as being a very good DS who had a lot of input into the tactical plans of Sky/Ineos and will be a hard act for someone to follow.