Procycling thread

myshkin

Next year's Tour route has been revealed with a harder looking first week than has been the norm in the last few years. Stage 20 is a 36km time trial finishing at the top of La Planche des Belles Filles.
Been a while since they've had a Mountain TT? I wonder if that will suit Froome, assuming he's made a comeback by then.

Been a while since they've had a Mountain TT? I wonder if that will suit Froome, assuming he's made a comeback by then.
2016 according to this, although it didn't actually finish on top of the climb.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/brief-history-tour-de-france-mountain-time-trials-tourmelet-tt-rumoured-2019-397921

I

I can't really remember that one. I might have been on holiday at the time and missed it. It may have been the year my phone was nicked on holiday so I'd have had other things on my mind. The last one I can remember is the Armstrong Alpe d'Huez one.

I

I can't really remember that one. I might have been on holiday at the time and missed it. It may have been the year my phone was nicked on holiday so I'd have had other things on my mind. The last one I can remember is the Armstrong Alpe d'Huez one.
Don't remember it either tbh, so it was either meh or I didn't see it.

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, peasy23 said:
Next year's Tour route has been revealed with a harder looking first week than has been the norm in the last few years. Stage 20 is a 36km time trial finishing at the top of La Planche des Belles Filles.

It would surely suit Bernal even more than Froome.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Cavendish joins Mikel Landa, Wout Poels and Dylan Teuns at Bahrain Merida for next season, with his former coach Rod Ellingworth as team principal. They are likely to be called Bahrain McLaren next season too. Should be a decent squad, although maybe not strong enough to challenge Ineos and Jumbo Visma.

Mark Cavendish joins Mikel Landa, Wout Poels and Dylan Teuns at Bahrain Merida for next season, with his former coach Rod Ellingworth as team principal. They are likely to be called Bahrain McLaren next season too. Should be a decent squad, although maybe not strong enough to challenge Ineos and Jumbo Visma.
Can see similar problems for Cav as to those he experienced at sky ultimately. Poels and landa will want gc squads built around them, not carrying roulers and lead out men

Wonder how much he'll spill...

Former Team Sky doctor Richard Freeman to admit he told ‘a lot of lies’

Freeman accused of purchasing testosterone for unnamed rider
Former British Cycling employee could lose his doctor’s licence

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/29/former-team-sky-doctor-richard-freeman-to-admit-he-told-a-lot-of-lies

Wonder how much he'll spill...

Former Team Sky doctor Richard Freeman to admit he told ‘a lot of lies’

• Freeman accused of purchasing testosterone for unnamed rider
• Former British Cycling employee could lose his doctor’s licence

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/29/former-team-sky-doctor-richard-freeman-to-admit-he-told-a-lot-of-lies

Depends if he wants to take anyone down with him, but it certainly looks like he is committing professional suicide.

On 29/10/2019 at 18:31, peasy23 said:

Depends if he wants to take anyone down with him, but it certainly looks like he is committing professional suicide.

Not sure about that. By admitting his guilt, Freeman must have some sort of deal agreed or hoping that the GMC will only suspend him. I'm looking forward to Shane Sutton's testimony. Then there's Wiggins...

The Freeman hearing is getting very spicy - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/50387501

"Ex-British Cycling technical director and Team Sky head coach Shane Sutton is "a doper", Dr Richard Freeman's lawyer has claimed at a medical tribunal.

"Our case about Mr Sutton is that he's a habitual and serial liar," said Mary O'Rourke QC.

"He's a doper, with a doping history."

It was all just a case of cyclists droop it seems...

Freeman claims he was "bullied" by Sutton into prescribing testosterone to treat the Australian's alleged erectile dysfunction, which Sutton denies.

• 3 weeks later...