Procycling thread

myshkin

Kirsten Wild seemed to be thrilled at winning a third RideLondon Women’s Classic until she was disqualified for not keeping her line and causing a mass pile-up in her wake, 100 yards from finish.
Been watching too many Abdoujaperov videos........[emoji37]

Crash had already happened, by the time I started watching, & they were saying he had been resuscitated on the roadside, before being taken to hospital. So sad.

Tragic stuff. Didn't see much of this year's Dauphine, but he was a stand out in some of the bits I did see.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tragic stuff. Didn't see much of this year's Dauphine, but he was a stand out in some of the bits I did see.

Good in the classics too. A real talent.

Tragic loss. RIP :(

Went up my road end to see womens tour of Scotland go past this afternoon, seems they had abandon the first stage due to horrendous weather conditions.

Hopefully it is better tomorrow for the Glasgow to Crieff stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how Ineos do, whether they'll genuinely see themselves as winners with Poels or Hart, or whether they let Elissande go for stages. Astana have a strong side with Fugelsang, Leon Sanchez and Gorka Izzaguire supporting Lopez; on paper that looks a strong selection. Carapaz looking to double up his Giro won before heading to Ineos will be interesting too, in terms of his team etc. Quintana might be a contender but I'm never sure of his form. No Yates of course. Jumbo-Visma have a strong team but they've been so strong all year, can they keep it up? I'll go for Lopez but it should be a cracking race.

Carapaz out, having injured his shoulder in a crash last weekend.

Pretty much a TTT from hell for Roglic & JV. Bizarrely lost Sepp Kiss within the first Km, then the while team were wiped out at a corner, having just gone through a flow of water going across the road. Think Roglic got a bit of a bang, but had to feel sorry for DQS, as they narrowly avoided a couple of cars dealing with the aftermath. Certainly upset their concentration, as the finished 2nd to Astana.

Superman Lopez in Red.

I wish, 39 year old, Valverde would just FRO. Shows Quintana/Lopez & Roglic a #clean pair of wheels on a stage with outrageously mad gradients.

Then again, having witnessed Chris Horner doing the same to Nibali, in Spain as well, a few years ago; it doesn't really surprise me anymore.

Alejandro Valerde and Primoz Roglic set new record time of Mas de la Costa (3.88 km, 12.84 %, 498 m) by 29 seconds. 15:00. 15.52 Kph, VAM 1992 m/h. Old record time 15:29 - Contador, Froome, N.Quintana, Chaves (2016 Vuelta a España).

Edited by kiddy