Procycling thread

myshkin

18 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Charlie Tanfield had an absolute disaster at the u23 race, Elliot Hayter was edged out of the medals.

It can happen to the best. I mind Stephen Roache missed the start of the Tour de France TTT.

Watching the Junior men RR, we surely have a name to watch for the future. Remco Evenepoel, won the Junior ITT & now is putting in an unbelievable ride having crashed.

The Belgians have got a phenomenal talent on their hands. All the attributes to become a real superstar of the sport.

Must have been close on 2 mins down with about 50Km to go & won by 1.25. Chapeau!

Edited by kiddy

Watching the Junior men RR, we surely have a name to watch for the future. Remco Evenepoel, won the Junior ITT & now is putting in an unbelievable ride having crashed.
The Belgians have got a phenomenal talent on their hands. All the attributes to become a real superstar of the sport.
Must have been close on 2 mins down with about 50Km to go & won by 1.25. Chapeau!
Is that the boy who used to be a footballer? If so, I've heard the Belgians are quite exited about him.

Is that the boy who used to be a footballer? If so, I've heard the Belgians are quite exited about him.
Yeah, was on the books of both Anderlecht & PSV, before ditching football for cycling.Going pro with Quick-Step next season.

On 9/27/2018 at 21:12, kiddy said:

Yeah, was on the books of both Anderlecht & PSV, before ditching football for cycling.Going pro with Quick-Step next season.

Greg van Avermaet was the same he used to be a goalkeeper.

Some ride from Anna van der Breggen today absolute dominance. I don't think I can remember such a display in a one-day race like that.

Eurosport, #homeofcycling chose to show snooker from China & a double dose of motorbikes, instead of the men's RR. Having covered the rest of the World Champs from Innsbruck.
I suppose everyone can have a #peppapig moment like Channel5 had, with Bellator, last night.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

Eurosport, #homeofcycling chose to show snooker from China & a double dose of motorbikes, instead of the men's RR. Having covered the rest of the World Champs from Innsbruck.
I suppose everyone can have a #peppapig moment like Channel5 had, with Bellator, last night.

I can only assume they didn't have the live rights for some reason. It was on BBC2 anyway, so no harm done.

• 1 month later...
For those of a vintage, Paul Sherwan has died aged 62. Along with Phil Ligget, he kept the embers of British Cycling burning through the 80s on Channel 4.

Sad news. Always enjoyed their commentary, and it's to Ned Boulting and David Millar's credit that I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Did he have an illness?