Procycling thread

myshkin

Any rumours as to where Geraint Thomas might be heading if he leaves Sky? Seemed to hint that he was leaving at the end of his contract later this year, and the Tour is usually where the rumour mill goes full pelt.

On Froome, I didn't think he was guilty of the particular thing he was found guilty of - if he's doping (and I don't think he is) then you'd think it would be something more sophisticated. The whole affair stinks a bit though, from the leak to the findings and no doubt beyond. Froome has already been spat at, had urine thrown over him and been verbally abused at the Tour so I expect that to happen again. It's a shame in a way as he should be going down as one of the all-time greats.

Any rumours as to where Geraint Thomas might be heading if he leaves Sky? Seemed to hint that he was leaving at the end of his contract later this year, and the Tour is usually where the rumour mill goes full pelt.

I think I read somewhere that trek had made an approach which would make sense as they never replaced contador but now reading they're banking on bmc folding and taking porte instead

Cheers. Didn't realise BMC were in trouble.
BMC's owner/founder died recently. Company might reduce input into team?

Some guy, linked with Tag Heuer, meant to be setting up a new team, seperate to BMC.

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Froome took quite a hefty tumble today, among a handful of crashes that happened on stage 1. Seems to be fine though.

Phew,that's a relief as it means that we can now look forward to the pre-race favourite for the latest Sky Tour going on to claim another victory while the usual under achievers struggle in his wake.

https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a22038157/uci-chris-froome-doping/

Phew,that's a relief as it means that we can now look forward to the pre-race favourite for the latest Sky Tour going on to claim another victory while the usual under achievers struggle in his wake.

https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a22038157/uci-chris-froome-doping/

I should have added "That's a shame." The whole way his failed test* has been handled is farcical, but as I posted further up, we've come to expect nothing else where the UCI is concerned.

*"Adverse analytical result"

Quite a big crash with 2k to go today, and it was on one of those corners that you just think it was inevitable that someone was going to go down. It was near the front so it left a group of about 20 to contest the sprint and it was Sagan who won it.

Quite a big crash with 2k to go today, and it was on one of those corners that you just think it was inevitable that someone was going to go down. It was near the front so it left a group of about 20 to contest the sprint and it was Sagan who won it.
Sagan - good guy or w**k? I know he's #boxoffice but he does tend to rub folk up the wrong way (today's stage again where he seemed to veer in front of Dekenkolb - albeit not enough to uphold a challenge from the Dane - then was a bit dickish in the post race gaggle. He's some bike rider though, that's without question.

Sagan - good guy or w**k? I know he's #boxoffice but he does tend to rub folk up the wrong way (today's stage again where he seemed to veer in front of Dekenkolb - albeit not enough to uphold a challenge from the Dane - then was a bit dickish in the post race gaggle. He's some bike rider though, that's without question.
Both in equal measure tbh. As you say no denying his ability, and I might also be in a minority thinking that he knew exactly what he was doing with Cavendish last year, but his interview was certainly a strange one today. Thought he would have been very happy after coming 2nd yesterday, but he certainly didn't come across that way. I didn't think he deliberately veered across today tbf.

Good guy. Unquestionably.

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Cav's done at this level now.

Bit early to say that but he's not competitive and nowhere near his best. The dreadful San Remo crash smashed his training schedule. I'd like to see him in the Vuelta.

I'm not convinced that Dimension Data is the right team for Cav. Quickstep have dominated the classics and bunch sprints this year. Only Sagan can compete with them.