Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I think I'm getting ready to slip gracefully into middle age. I just spied a bird I didn't recognise in the garden, so took some pictures and have managed to deduce that it's a Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

And I've been genuinely excited by the whole thing.

Welcome to the club.

FYI It doesn't get better or go away!

I think I'm getting ready to slip gracefully into middle age. I just spied a bird I didn't recognise in the garden, so took some pictures and have managed to deduce that it's a Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

Same here, its quite interesting, I've kept a tally of all the different species that have flown into my small garden (18 different kinds) best one was the sparrowhawk that flew onto the grass with its prey and then proceeded to rip it to shreds.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Same here, its quite interesting, I've kept a tally of all the different species that have flown into my small garden (18 different kinds) best one was the sparrowhawk that flew onto the grass with its prey and then proceeded to rip it to shreds.

18!? That's mental. I think I have had 3. Seagulls, pigeons and crows. Infact 4, there is usually a couple of wee ones kicking about but i don't know what they are.

You've done well to spot them at this time of year before all the leaves come off the trees. Usually you get to hear them but not see them despite their colour scheme.

You know you are middle aged when you get excited at seeing house sparrows because you can still remember when they were common.

Was standing at my back door in Dumfries a few years ago. To the right was a fir tree which had a whole lot of sparrows in it. Further along the fence sat a sparrowhawk.

All of a sudden the sparrowhawk took off, flew about 100 yards over the neighbours garden, did a u turn and flew right past my face and smashed into this tree. Whole episode took a fraction of a second.

It was a real WTF moment.

Be warned children, wild things that hunt can move really really fast!

Was standing at my back door in Dumfries a few years ago. To the right was a fir tree which had a whole lot of sparrows in it. Further along the fence sat a sparrowhawk.

All of a sudden the sparrowhawk took off, flew about 100 yards over the neighbours garden, did a u turn and flew right past my face and smashed into this tree. Whole episode took a fraction of a second.

It was a real WTF moment.

Be warned children, wild things that hunt can move really really fast!

Birds of prey are superb. Loads of buzzards in the countryside outside Dundee and Carnoustie, they are big bassa's.

You've done well to spot them at this time of year before all the leaves come off the trees. Usually you get to hear them but not see them despite their colour scheme.

You know you are middle aged when you get excited at seeing house sparrows because you can still remember when they were common.

It was getting in about the food I'd put out in the bird feeders out the back. The wee coal tits and robins that normally get in there were keeping well back

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Birds of prey are superb. Loads of buzzards in the countryside outside Dundee and Carnoustie, they are big bassa's.

Where my grandparents stay in balgowan (en route to crieff) you notice buzzards a plenty. Bloody brilliant birds. Can watch them all day.

Had probably the worst interview in the history of interviews last week. Got a letter through the door today telling me they'd like to see me again. I am confused. I thought I did terrible. Not complaining though

Maybe they want to bring their mates along next time for a laugh at you. :P

Seriously though, good luck. At the very least you have had a call back so it must be worth something.

Had probably the worst interview in the history of interviews last week. Got a letter through the door today telling me they'd like to see me again. I am confused. I thought I did terrible. Not complaining though

Don't open by asking how awful the rest of the candidates must have been.

There are lots of wasps who climb through some miniscule gaps in my windows and stagger about on my window-sill and then die. This has been happening for the past few weeks. Usually about four or five a day, yesterday there were seven, and one found its way into the shower-room.

They don't fly about and their wings look a little under-developed, they just stumble around mainly. It is pretty annoying, but we are getting out of our lease early (yass!) so it's not something for which I'm looking for a long-term solution.

This didn't happen last year. I can only think a wasp nest has been sprayed somewhere in the block and they dying wasps have found a way into my flat.

I just thought to share.

Oh dear fcuking god! :mellow:

What the fcuk is the matter with you?! :lol: