Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Sakes, you were born in 97 but you're doing advanced higher stuff, I feel old. :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I wish I was that young! Actually, I don't because of the increasing amount of wean-touchers on the go now. I was born in 91, the 97 is a reference to us winning the Scottish Cup that year. But anyway, I'm now (hopefully) finished at uni for good.

On the subject of the mouse, buy one of these humane traps that just puts them in a wee box. Then start building your army in preparation for world domination...

Last week Renault finance phoned my wife and told her that as a valued customer that has had an excellent payment record would she like to upgrade our car.

She told them that we did not have a very good credit rating at the moment but they said that they were fine with that as we had never missed a payment to them during the previous 4 years with them.

When she said yes they were delighted and then they made an appointment with the local Renault dealer for her to arrange to get a new car. After a bit of haggling she agreed to buy a certain car and paid a deposit.

When she called back the next day the garage told her that finance had been refused. She called Renault finance to find out what the problem was only to be met with a wall of denial over any phone call or arrangement of an appointment at the garage.

Bunch of lying cnuts.

She got her deposit back no problem.

It looks like the finance company were just trying to get numbers in their books to make their figures look good.

I did that once. Really really painful and my foot got really swollen but was fine after a couple of weeks off the pitch.

This reminds me of primary school. It was one of those scorching summers, we were playing football at lunchtime and I was in goals. The reason for being the goalie is that I was (in fact, still am) pish at football and I had to take a goal kick. I thought I would impress everybody by punting the ball up the field as hard as I could but instead of making contact with it after a huge run-up, I booted my foot (in shitey plimsol gym shoes) off of the solid dry ground that hadn't seen rain for ages.

I was limping for a good couple of weeks and the serious blue/purple bruising was rather impressive. My mum obviously never thought it was serious enough for a trip to doctor but it really wouldn't surprise if I'd broken something which since healed.

It must have been hilarious to witness (for everyone but me of course). I know I'd have been in stitches anyway.

Eta: I had the shame of having to be carried off the field to the nurses office and I had to (genuinely) hop all the way to school the next day, which thanfully was just a couple of hundred metres or so up the road from the house. Could barely put weight on it for days.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Got told a riddle at work today (Fridays are always productive...):

I walk to school and meet 3 bullies on the way. One after the other, each takes half of my remaining lunch money then gives me £1 back. If I want to get to school with £2, how much should I leave the house with?

I walk to school and meet 3 bullies on the way. One after the other, each takes half of my remaining lunch money then gives me £1 back. If I want to get to school with £2, how much should I leave the house with?

Nothing. Say you have nothing to give them then pick on someone on the year below you and steal their money.

Either that or take the tenner your granny gave you - should cover a £2 lunch easily.

That's easy.

£2.

£2 - £1 = £1. £1 + £1 = £2.

x3. Just to clarify.

I've not got one till English a week on Monday. :thumsup2

Are you sitting Higher too? What novels/poems/plays have you learned?

I've got my History as well on Tuesday. Can't see it going well.

I'm feeling quietly confident about it. However, that is hugely down to having a teacher who has taught us very well over the year.

What topics have you done?

Edited by forzamorton

Are you sitting Higher too? What novels/poems/plays have you learned?

Yes, and several Phillip Larkin poems (Ambulances, A Study of Reading Habits, Whitsun Weddings), To Kill a Mockingbird as our novel and of course Romeo and fucking Juliet.

Yes, and several Phillip Larkin poems (Ambulances, A Study of Reading Habits, Whitsun Weddings), To Kill a Mockingbird as our novel and of course Romeo and fucking Juliet.

That's a lot of poems; makes me worried that my class have only done one. We've studied: The Almond Tree, by Jon Stallworthy(poem); The Crucible by Arthur Miller (play); and Cal by Bernard McLaverty (novel).

I've not got one till English a week on Monday. :thumsup2

Got this exam as well. :lol:

:(

I'm feeling quietly confident about it. However, that is hugely down to having a teacher who has taught us very well over the year.

What topics have you done?

I've done Italian unification, Scottish migration and the Empire. What about you?

I've had two teachers, one has been great but the other keeps rambling on about pointless stuff so we've ended up missing out a lot and had to self teach ourself things.

That's a lot of poems; makes me worried that my class have only done one. We've studied: The Almond Tree, by Jon Stallworthy(poem); The Crucible by Arthur Miller (play); and Cal by Bernard McLaverty (novel).

One of our poems is short as f**k with alot to write about, love it. Hoping for an essay on Romeo and Juliet (play) and A Study of Reading Habits (poem) to come up.

English is a fantastically easy subject if you don't piss about and just pay attention. Write one essay and basically you could write the same essay with different content. It's all about structure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I've done Italian unification, Scottish migration and the Empire. What about you?

British democracy, Nazi Rise/State and German Nationalism.

Hoping for one of the Nazi essays to come up, and hopefully a Liberal Reforms or Democracy essay in the British section. All the best anyway!

One of our poems is short as f**k with alot to write about, love it. Hoping for an essay on Romeo and Juliet (play) and A Study of Reading Habits (poem) to come up.

I'd imagine a Crucible essay will come up, as it covers so many issues. I wouldn't really mind what other one came up though, to be honest; all depends on how good the question is.

First exam completed today. Happy with how it went.

History up next on Tuesday.

I've got my History as well on Tuesday. Can't see it going well.

I've got this as well. Hoping that Issue 4 comes up since it hasn't been sampled yet, if it doesn't I'm basically fucked.