Ad Lib

Things you want to share with P&B

I had a dream last night that Partick Thistle won the Scottish Cup and some guy called Fish was Man of the Match.

Prophecy I tell thee.

Was he a Market Square Hero?

Marillion%20-%20FishMasks%20-%20Aylesbur

Second day off the fags and was doing great...my father in law just bought me a 10 deck for giving him a lift.

grrr I've just gave in :(

Going by Facebook, I think I must be the only person in the country who favours the "Bedroom Tax".

Going by Facebook, I think I must be the only person in the country who favours the "Bedroom Tax".

I'm also in favour of it, facebook makes me think much the same (it also makes me think I'm the only person that is against independence).

The principle that people shouldn't get state support for houses with more rooms than they need, in order to ease pressures on housing stock for those on the waiting lists, is a fairly sound one. Indeed Labour introduced something very similar for those claiming housing benefit to live in private rented accommodation

The problem is the way they're actually implementing it leads to absurd results, and takes insufficient account of the actual size of rooms.

The principle that people shouldn't get state support for houses with more rooms than they need, in order to ease pressures on housing stock for those on the waiting lists, is a fairly sound one. Indeed Labour introduced something very similar for those claiming housing benefit to live in private rented accommodation

The problem is the way they're actually implementing it leads to absurd results, and takes insufficient account of the actual size of rooms.

I can see your point, and I'm not sure that a flat rate should be introduced per room without taking into account the actual size of said room, but any size of room, however small, would be more than welcomed by a family who currently lives in an overcrowded house.

The fact is, old Doris who is rattling about in a three bed semi on her Jack Jones should have to pay an excess if she wants to stay in her house. It's all good and well saying that she has the right to remain in her house, but the taxpayer should not be footing the bill.

I bumped into a blind man at lunchtime, knocking him against a wall. In my defence, he just walked out of his terrace door onto the pavement I was walking along.

I bumped into a blind man at lunchtime, knocking him against a wall. In my defence, he just walked out of his terrace door onto the pavement I was walking along.

It could have been curtains for him.

Shame on you.

It looks as if The Rangers fans are thinking of new ways to increase the atmosphere at home games.

BGy2-HhCEAAJ9hP.png

Comical stuff. :lol:

I don't see a problem with it either.

Beats getting whacked with a white stick.

I can see your point, and I'm not sure that a flat rate should be introduced per room without taking into account the actual size of said room, but any size of room, however small, would be more than welcomed by a family who currently lives in an overcrowded house.

The fact is, old Doris who is rattling about in a three bed semi on her Jack Jones should have to pay an excess if she wants to stay in her house. It's all good and well saying that she has the right to remain in her house, but the taxpayer should not be footing the bill.

http://www.channel4.com/news/bedroom-tax-is-appalling-says-paediatrician